[SOLVED] Monitor Has Weird Colour Vertical Line Adjustement when Turns ON

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexTT-zeri

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021
Hey guys!

So I have uploaded the video here cause I couldnt find a way to upload it in the website View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/ppdcfh/weird_vertical_coloured_lines_when_monitor_is/

As you can see in the upper video my monitor seems to have some kind of weird color adjustment after is turned off for long period of time. This used to occur to me If I left home and turned it on after weeks or months, but now it occurs in a daily basis. As you can see it appears to occur without the PC on so my conclussion is that its just a monitor deflect.

The monitor is about 2 years old, its a 32" Inches 1440p 144Hz samsung bought for about 500€. I heard that this monitor has some dead pixel problems but i dont know if this is related to that. Now if I leave the screen for 5-10 mins it appears to readjust fine (or if I turn it off and on once or twice)after that I can let it be for prolonged amounts of time and it stays consinstent (no problems whatsoever), but this past month almost every time I turn it on this problem occurs. My fear is that it might get worse. This monitor also has an HDR option which I use lately whilst playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider (if that has anything to do with it).

Thats pretty much it folks, I would appreciate if anyone had some good piece of advice a ton!

Thank you people, keep safe!

AlexTT-zeri

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021
Hello Colif!

You are absolutely right! I took a photo once the PC boosted and a while, when the lines were gone, the screenshot was clear!
So this means I have a problem with the Monitor?
IS there any solution to this? Cause the monitor is only 2 years old and expensive!

Also is there any explanation on why this occurs after long time of no use? Because if for example I restart the computer it will work perfectly. It only occurs after a night of no power use.

Also is there an explanation on why those lines kinda move around once it opens( as you can see they are not static) and then after some mins or so they go away, which means after that the monitor work fine...

Is there any other suggestion/explanation you might have? Would you suggest trying to get a refund or replace the monitor with another? I would have to try and find the receipt for that and see if there is a replacement option...

THank you!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Age or price doesn't matter. If there's a failing part, it's failing, doesn't mean it's old/used, just means it's failing. In this case, it looks like there's a solder issue/component issue and when the monitor is warm/hot the connection is good, but once cooled off it gets funky.

Hook the pc to a different monitor/TV to rule out any possibility of it being gpu based issues. If it is the monitor, you'll have but 1 option. RMA. If you keep the monitor, sooner or later whatever part is failing will fail totally and buh-bye monitor, which by then will be most likely out of warranty, both vendor and manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.