[SOLVED] Monitor keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when opening/on a fullscreen game

Dec 16, 2020
I've had this problem for about 2 months now. Every time I open a game like COD (or basically any other fullscreen game), my monitor disconnects and the screen goes black. A few seconds later, the monitor reconnects for about half a second and then returns to being a black screen. I can usually fix this issue by turning the monitor off for a few seconds and turning it back on, but it gets really annoying after a while. I use a displayport adapter that I plug straight into the GPU.

My specs are:
Ryzen 7 3800x
RTX 2070 Super
MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
32gb Corsair Vengeance 3600mhz
Corsair RM850x PSU
2TB SSHD

The monitor is the Acer XF250Q Cbmiiprx 240hz

Solution
Are you using a single monitor or a dual+ monitor setup. I had a problem like this when I was using my ancient crappy monitor as a second to my nice new gaming monitor. For me I had to go into the monitor settings and disable freesync/active sync/whatever you've got that does the same thing. Since you seem to be experiencing something along the same lines perhaps try playing with some of those settings. did you click on the desktop and set the correct Hz for your monitor? There are also a couple of settings on the compatibility stuff that you access on the executable. Adapters can sometimes be a suspect in the mystery as well, I'm guessing your video card has displayport while the monitor only uses hdmi? you can buy a cable with...

itsallpoo

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2014
Are you using a single monitor or a dual+ monitor setup. I had a problem like this when I was using my ancient crappy monitor as a second to my nice new gaming monitor. For me I had to go into the monitor settings and disable freesync/active sync/whatever you've got that does the same thing. Since you seem to be experiencing something along the same lines perhaps try playing with some of those settings. did you click on the desktop and set the correct Hz for your monitor? There are also a couple of settings on the compatibility stuff that you access on the executable. Adapters can sometimes be a suspect in the mystery as well, I'm guessing your video card has displayport while the monitor only uses hdmi? you can buy a cable with dp on one end and hdmi on the other might be a better idea than the adapter you're using. I play an mmo that does just what you describe when going to full screen mode so i think that blinking off a second is normal but screen shouldn't stay black for sure. I'm sure you've checked for new drivers and even a bios update for your board...go down the list anythings possible including a registry mess.

Reactions: Jovani54321
Solution