[SOLVED] Monitor loses signal mostly when playing games

May 22, 2020
Hi, suddenly my monitor is losing signal whenever I play games (one time it crashed without me being in any game). Just the monitor goes off, I can still hear my friends talking on discord but not the game, probably the game crashes as well.
My PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI B450M MORTAR MAX
8GB 3200 MHz ram
Colorful GTX 1660TI

PSU is Antec VP450. I have been running this system with this PSU without any issue.

This is the same problem I am facing, but the solution is not applicable to me because my core clocks are same as the reference card.
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nding-and-has-successfully-recovered.3471967/

Here is my error log from Event Viewer,
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15v7vVK4_vMCUYNPgi9bBuKYoKUb6YuHb/view?usp=sharing

I have tried changing ram slots, cleaning it, unplugging and plugging all the cables, uninstalling the driver with ddu in safe mode, updating windows and even resetting the pc.

Using WIN+CTRL+SHIFT+B doesn't help, I just hear the beep sound. I have to hard restart the pc every time. Sometimes, I see a notification on windows saying "Display Driver has failed to start, using Microsoft Basic Display Driver instead. Check windows for a newer display driver"

Please help me.

May 22, 2020
How old is that Antec VP450?

At one time it may have been able to provide enough power but now because of age and designed in EOL (End of Life) the PSU may be starting to falter and fail.

What do you find/see in Reliability History?

My PSU is more than 2 years old. OuterVision psu calculator says my system will require around 366W, but with 85% efficiency my PSU can give 388W max, so you might be right that the PSU is causing this?

Here is what I found on reliability history, dwm is what crashes every time.

May 22, 2020
I have just played VALORANT without any issue but now even just opening PUBG crashes the display. Probably because VALORANT draws less power than PUBG? And does this mean that my GPU is okay?

I have just played VALORANT without any issue but now even just opening PUBG crashes the display. Probably because VALORANT draws less power than PUBG? And does this mean that my GPU is okay?
There's no sure way to tell if it's the GPU or PSU, but if you had a good quality PSU then there would have been less chances of it being the PSU and more of it being the GPU. Right now your best bet is to get a good quality PSU and replace your current one. For your system a Corsair CX550 should be enough.

But, considering the Display driver error, you might want to try getting an older version of GPU drivers instead of the latest, maybe try a different PCI-E slot if available.

May 22, 2020
There's no sure way to tell if it's the GPU or PSU, but if you had a good quality PSU then there would have been less chances of it being the PSU and more of it being the GPU. Right now your best bet is to get a good quality PSU and replace your current one. For your system a Corsair CX550 should be enough.

But, considering the Display driver error, you might want to try getting an older version of GPU drivers instead of the latest, maybe try a different PCI-E slot if available.

I have tried using an old driver, but didn't help. I will try using the second slot.

I am willing to blame the gpu brand, you are border line with that antec psu.
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/colorful-gtx-1660-ti-gaming-gt.b6752
I owned one years ago and it stopped working after 3 years.

Looking at the gpu brand you have it does have its problems...
Can you please go to eventviewer --> window log -->system logs.

Scroll down abit and find the last time and date you crashed while gaming.
Once you do that, screenshot it or bring us a dmp file, I forget how to do dump it.
However someone else should be able to tell you how.

TRENDING THREADS