[SOLVED] Monitor not responding to new GPU when put into an unknown motherboard

Rexos123

Honorable
Nov 14, 2015
Hi,

I'm currently working on a computer for my nephew. He doesn't really have a large budget to spent on it, so I'm trying to build a very cheap computer from the components I just have laying around.
I have found an Intel i7-6700 processor with motherboard and RAM and turned it on to test if it still functions with integrated graphics . That all worked fine and I installed Windows 10 on it (with all the necessairy updates).
Then I wanted to put a GPU in it because my nephew wants to game on the machine. The GPU I found was a GeForce GTX 750 ti from MSI. But when I plugged it in and turned it on, the monitor didn't recieve a signal. (the fans did spin)

I can't seem to figure out why the monitor isn't responding. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I should do?

Thinks I've already tried or confirmed:
  • I have switched the VGA cable from the motherboard to the GPU.
  • I tried to preinstall the graphics drivers from Nvidia but the software couldn't recognise any compatible hardware (the GPU wasn't plugged in)
  • I tried to switch video output in the BIOS but I can't find the BIOS...? (This is another problem I'm having. When I turn on the PSU, the computer turns on immediately, there is no on or off switch on the case. When the PC turn on, it directly boots into Windows. I don't have any options to go to a BIOS and can't change anything there.)
Parts:
CPU: Intel i7-6700
Mobo: DFI SD331 (it's a mobo for industrial use)
RAM: Unknown brand, 8GB dual channel 1064MHz
PSU: FSP400-701UH 80 Plus Bronze rating (it's a PSU for industrial use)
GPU: GeForce GTX 750 ti MSI
Hard Disk: Seagate 500GB

Last edited:
Solution
I found the solution, I had to clear the CMOS using a jumper on the BIOS. Then I was able to enter the BIOS by spamming the DEL key on my keyboard.
In there I had to enable the option "Always enable PEG" and that made the monitor turn on!

Rexos123

Honorable
Nov 14, 2015
I found the solution, I had to clear the CMOS using a jumper on the BIOS. Then I was able to enter the BIOS by spamming the DEL key on my keyboard.
In there I had to enable the option "Always enable PEG" and that made the monitor turn on!

Solution