Question Monitor running at 64hz instead of 144hz

Oct 5, 2023
Hi everyone, today out of nowhere my PC started acting up after 3 years, giving me big RAM problems. Once those were resolved, I noticed that the second monitor (a very normal 32" Telefunken TV connected with an HDMI cable) was no longer recognized. I took a look since I hadn't completely changed the port and everything seemed normal. The fact is that for all afternoon it continued to work and not work as it wanted. The real problem isn't here though, but in my main monitor. In fact, while trying to fix this problem I noticed that my main monitor (Samsung 27" 144hz 1440p connected with DP to GPU) in the properties it had marked 64hz and this made me suspicious since it was literally the only clickable choice and 144hz did not appear. The even stranger thing is that even before clicking on "Properties" I noticed that "Refresh rate (Hz) showed 1,000Hz and not even 64 as it should have been at this point. Basically I tried to update the drivers, change ports and other desperate attempts. The only thing that has worked is inserting the DP into the motherboard and therefore not having the possibility to use the GPU at all. Before you say that I might have burned the GPU ports: trying to switch cables sometimes they worked and sometimes they didn't, so in my opinion there is really something that inhibits them. I'm attaching a picture (the language is italian, but going on your screen option you'll easily understand the translation)
SCREENSHOT

Edit: Someone told me to delete drivers and reinstall them using DDU, and so I did but nothing changed.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You use DDU to remove all drivers from your platform, then manually install the latest driver sourced from your GPU maker's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You forgot to mention the make and model of your GPU btw. Make and model of the motherboard? BIOS version for the motherboard?

You could also try and download the Device Install file;

Reactions: CountMike