[SOLVED] Monitor says running at 75fps, but hdmi is limited to 60?

Ok so I have a Asus VG245H 24 inchFull HD 1080p 1ms 75hz monitor.

It has a built in fps counter I can enable and it says 75fps.

However, I never knew til just now, hdmi is limited to 60fps?!

Is this true in ALL cases? Wouldnt my monitor only be reading 60fps with its built in fps reader? Also Im able to select 75hz in the nvidia control panel and in windows so its not like I only have a 60hz option.

How does this work?

Edit: I just found this in their description "Adaptive Sync (Free Sync) technology supported within 40 Hertz~75 Hertz for HDMI port "

But wait, how is that possible? I thought freesync could only be used on this monitor with display port (which the monitor doesnt even have a display port) and hdmi is limited to 60hz?

Last edited:
lol what?!

And so am I able to use freesync with hdmi as well?!

This whole time I thought I needed display port and was thinking why would they add the freesync feature to a monitor with no display port lol.

Doesnt really matter anyways as I have Nvidia gpu but yea lol. Hopefully someday I can utilize that gysnc to freesync thing they do now.
Yes, if you had an AMD card, unfortunately NVIDIA doesn't support FreeSync over HDMI right now.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/d8daeu/is_there_an_adapter_to_enable_free_sync/f19t3n8

Reactions: Jason H.