Question Monitor sometimes goes on and off

HyperVenom

Prominent
Jun 25, 2022
Hello , so I encountered issues on my monitor. My monitor is a Samsung syncmaster 733nw, btw. So a month ago, my monitor randomly went black for a few seconds, then went back to normal. It happened more than twice, then it started working normally until I plugged my phone in to transfer documents, and then my monitor went black again for a few seconds, and it is now working normally again. I guess this rarely happens. I hope this is not a PSU or GPU issue. I know for a fact that this monitor is ancient and was only given to me. I am planning to replace it once I have enough money for a monitor since it has lines on it. Thank you for your answers.

Hello , so I encountered issues on my monitor. My monitor is a Samsung syncmaster 733nw, btw. So a month ago, my monitor randomly went black for a few seconds, then went back to normal. It happened more than twice, then it started working normally until I plugged my phone in to transfer documents, and then my monitor went black again for a few seconds, and it is now working normally again. I guess this rarely happens. I hope this is not a PSU or GPU issue. I know for a fact that this monitor is ancient and was only given to me. I am planning to replace it once I have enough money for a monitor since it has lines on it. Thank you for your answers.
Hello there!
Ancient monitor? I can relate i faced this issue last year although i thought it was because of the VGA cable in my case but it was because of the monitor itself so it's possible that that's the issue

HyperVenom

Prominent
Jun 25, 2022
Yes, it's a very old monitor, I believe 10 years old (maybe) I think it's dying because the screen doesn't even look good There's a line where the screen is basically wearing out. I am just a bit worried. I hope my PC doesn't have hardware issues The issues that I am facing rarely happen anyway.
Here's my monitor: https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/model/LS17CMNSFUXP/

Hello there!
Ancient monitor? I can relate i faced this issue last year although i thought it was because of the VGA cable in my case but it was because of the monitor itself so it's possible that that's the issue

Last edited:
Yes, it's a very old monitor, I believe 10 years old (maybe) I think it's dying because the screen doesn't even look good There's a line where the screen is basically wearing out. I am just a bit worried. I hope my PC doesn't have hardware issues The issues that I am facing rarely happen anyway.
Here's my monitor: https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/model/LS17CMNSFUXP/
Initially it happens rarely but gradually it becomes more prominent and one day your monitor doesn't start, that's what happened in my case although I did get it fixed from a TV repair shop.

HyperVenom

Prominent
Jun 25, 2022
Initially it happens rarely but gradually it becomes more prominent and one day your monitor doesn't start, that's what happened in my case although I did get it fixed from a TV repair shop.
Eh, I don't think there's any point in fixing that old monitor. There are obvious signs that the screen is "dying," plus I live in the Philippines, where repairs can be quite expensive and won't last very long based on my experience.