Question Monitor using DP-to-HDMI Adapter is not detected by Windows 10 ?

Aug 29, 2021
Hi everyone. I’ve been trying to find a solution in the forum regarding this issue but non of them resolved the problem.

so I have an AMD Ryzen™ 5 3400G with Radeon™ RX Vega 11 Graphics on an MSI B450M MORTAR MAX mobo.

I have 2 monitors:
MONITOR 1: Samsung S24F350 monitor connected to the HDMI port and

MONITOR 2: Samsung S22F350 monitor connected to the DP using a DP to HDMI Adapter (since the Mobo only has these ports available?)

My problem is windows cannot detect MONITOR 2(the one connected to DP)

So far what I did was:

1) to make sure both cables are fine I tried to put each of MONITOR 1 and 2 in other's place. so MONITOR 2 now works fine and MONITOR 1 (now connected to DP) has no signal.

2) Solution 2- turned off PC Unplugged all monitors and pc from the power source wait for 5mins. Plugged back turned it back on- DIDN’T WORK.

3) Solution 3- Did no. 2 again but this time drained power by removing the battery on the board hold power button for a while. Then turned back on- DIDN’T WORK

4) Solution 4 - bought 2 new different types of adapters. DIDN’T WORK

5) solution 5 - tried to use only one monitor using DP. Works when in Bios but when rebooted could not get signal when on windows - DIDN’T WORK

6) solution 6 - update drivers - DID’T WORK

7) solution 7 - Integrated Graphics Device Configuration In Bios. Tried using both PEG and IDG. - DIDNT WORK

8) IDG Multi-Monitor settings - well I don’t have it in my Bios. I have no Idea why.

9) Tried everything again. 😢 - STILL NO LUCK.

And so Im out of options. Hope you guys could help. TIA

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2021
So in your bios under Integrated graphics, Initiate graphics adapter (IGD), just under that sub menu is Integrated graphics set it to force on. That should enable it in bios. Restart and see if that helps.

Okay so I did that and also I tried Setting each UMA Frame Buffer size from Auto upto 2G but no luck 😢

Aug 29, 2021
Okay so I called the store a while ago. Sad news. They said the DP with an adapter to HDMI will not work.
So my options are:

1. Buy a Displayport Monitor
  2. Buy a Dedicated graphics (GPU)
  3. or try with an HDMI Splitter

For the meantime mayble I'll try option 3 being the least expensive, although I'm quite skeptical of the outcome.

Aug 29, 2021
Finally. The solution was non of the options I listed few days ago.

So instead of using a DP to HDMI adapter. I used DP to VGA and connected it to my Monitor's VGA port.

I don't know the explanation to this but I'm glad it worked.

No need to buy dedicated graphics for now.

Oct 9, 2021
So im having the exact same problem but with the difference being that i had both monitors working before, with the dp to hdmi adapter so thats not the problem. I couldnt solve it yet but i believe its a sistem problem not hardware.

Oct 19, 2021
Hi, I'm having the same issue now but my second monitor only has a VGA and DVI port.

We have the same specs, MSI B450M Mortar Max + Ryzen 5 3400G

My monitor is BenQ GW2270

So far, I've tried DP to VGA, DP to DVI.

With DP to VGA my monitor says "No cable detected" but with DP to DVI it says "No signal detected"

I've tried HDMI to VGA which works so that crosses out that my monitor is faulty.