[SOLVED] Monitors, keyboard, and mouse not turning on after dusting out PC

Mar 27, 2020
I was playing a game on my ~2 year old pc (First one ive built, and has some minor quirks every once in a while) and noticed that my fans have been getting louder recently, so i decided to unplug everything, open it up, and dust everything off. My pc seems to collect dust pretty fast, so I have done this a few times before with no issuessnd noticed less noise. I simply wiped all of the dust that collected on my fans and gpu with a rag. The only thing I really messed with was my graphics card; I took it out to dust it off without bumping anything, and then reseated it. I plugged everything back in and now my monitors, keyboard, and mouse dont turn on. I dont understand what I could have screwed up to cause this specific problem. The motherboard, cpu, and graphics card still light up and my fans + water cooling still work.
Specs:
Strix z270e Motherboard
Geforce gtx 1070
Processor: i7-7700k
Samsung 970 Evo+ SSD (boot drive)
EVGA 600W Power Supply
Main monitor: Asus Vg248qe

Things I've tried:
Unplugging the power, waiting, then plugging back in
Resetting RAM by pressing the power button for 20 seconds while unplugged, then powering on
Trying different combinations of ram (0 sticks, 1 stick, 2 sticks,different slots)
Made sure I didnt get a bunch of dust in any slots
Made sure everything was plugged in adequately
Reseating ram and gpu multiple times
Taking the CMOS battery out and putting it back in
Reseating my SSD
And probably a few other things, but I can't really remember at this point

Any help is appreciated, and also I apologize if anything was confusing or if I left anything out; Ive been at this for hours and no solutions other people found have worked for me.

Solution
i know you've stated that you reseated and switched out the CMOS battery but you can still try doing a hard CMOS reset:

shutdown the system. place PSU switch to the off position and unplug the power supply.
remove the CMOS battery for at least 5 mins. then press the power button on the system chassis for at least 30 secs.
then reseat the CMOS battery.

also, do you know someone with a PSU you can try out in your system? or contact a local shop and have them test the PSU, or even the entire system.
and is motherboard still under warranty? if purchased locally they should offer to test or replace without much hassle. i hate doing RMAs; returning, waiting...
possibly could have slightly knocked the CPU and caused an issue with it's contacts. hardware could still get power and function but certain devices like RAM, etc could be effected.

try reseating the CPU and cooler and make sure everything is plugged in and seated correctly one more time.

Mar 27, 2020
possibly could have slightly knocked the CPU and caused an issue with it's contacts. hardware could still get power and function but certain devices like RAM, etc could be effected.

try reseating the CPU and cooler and make sure everything is plugged in and seated correctly one more time.
Reseated my cpu, cooler, ram, and gpu, but that didn't seem to do the trick

Mar 27, 2020
Some extra information ive found from messing with this for a few more hours, just incase it helps:
Every fan works except for the ones on my gpu, they keep trying to spin
The BOOT_DEVICE, VGA, DRAM, and CPU leds on my motherboard dont light up, indicating there are no errors there
The PWR led on my motherboard lights up, indicating that "the system is on, in sleep mode, or in soft-off mode" (According to the mb manual)
My disk drive does light up and opens/closes
I replaced my CMOS battery
Unplugged and replugged basically everything inside and out
The fan on the bottom of my PSU seems to be working

I don't really know where to go from here. Its looking like either a motherboard or power supply problem, but I don't know which or how they could have been damaged in the 5 minutes it took to gently dust everything off with a rag. Everything inside seems to turn on just fine, but the pc just does not boot and usb devices/monitors get no signal. Im hoping that theres just something stupid I'm missing and I dont have to replace anything.

i know you've stated that you reseated and switched out the CMOS battery but you can still try doing a hard CMOS reset:

shutdown the system. place PSU switch to the off position and unplug the power supply.
remove the CMOS battery for at least 5 mins. then press the power button on the system chassis for at least 30 secs.

also, do you know someone with a PSU you can try out in your system? or contact a local shop and have them test the PSU, or even the entire system.
and is motherboard still under warranty? if purchased locally they should offer to test or replace without much hassle. i hate doing RMAs; returning, waiting...

Solution
Mar 27, 2020

I've tried doing a CMOS reset a few times, but I tried it again just in case and had no luck. I don't really know anyone with a PSU I can borrow, and the only local shop is closed right now because of the Corona situation. I was thinking of just taking it to the nearest Best Buy, but it seems they're not taking repairs right now for the same reason. I also ordered my motherboard off of Amazon, so if that's the problem then my only option seems to be an RMA. I might just be S.O.L. for the time being...