Question More options for File Explorer

VermilionNeko

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2014
Hi

Is anyone aware of any feature in Windows 11, or a tool, that gives more options in File Explorer? That's the one aspect of Windows 11 I don't like. Windows 10 has loads of options and tabs at the top. The View tab (I think) allows you to check a tickbox to unhide hidden files/folders and reveal file types etc. It made that much easier to do rather than having to go through the Options. I also don't see any option to Move files and folders. Just copy and paste. :-\

Thanks

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
So far as I am aware, everything you ask about is already there just in different places. Hidden is in the properties section of the specific file. View has the types/size, cut is there for moving....perhaps I am not understanding what you desire?

VermilionNeko

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2014
So far as I am aware, everything you ask about is already there just in different places. Hidden is in the properties section of the specific file. View has the types/size, cut is there for moving....perhaps I am not understanding what you desire?

Hmm, okay. I just much preferred the buttons at the top. I found them much easier and quicker to access.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Hmm, okay. I just much preferred the buttons at the top. I found them much easier and quicker to access.

I have come to really like the buttons across the top of the FE window. My entire work flow with reports is download, move to a scratch folder to edit, drop onto a portal, then move into Dropbox. I find it far easier now than it was on 10, less steps for most operations.

100 day trial :

I have that and I have Start11. Start11 is a coupla bucks more but is slightly less radical in what it changes, it uses overlays instead of actually changing system files. But it's personal choice at the end of the day.

Here's my W11 'W10 desktop', I like a partly transparent W10 style start menu and taskbar with slightly customised start button in combination with a live wallpaper using Wallpaper Engine bought very cheaply from Steam. Just reminds me of Aeroglass, which I loved.

pDlt7YY.png