Question More than one problem, need help ASAP

Feb 13, 2019
So, I added an additional 4 GB of RAM to my PC, and here's the problem.
For example, I can start my PC today and I'd have 8 GB of RAM, then if I start my computer tomorrow, I'll have 4 GB RAM, then it can continue for a few days and go back to 8 GB.
Another problem I have is that I can't turn off my computer from the windows option. I have to press the shut down button on my computer.

Please, full specs would be very helpful. Other than this, all I can say is that:
  1. The RAM is not matching and either they or the motherboard is too sensitive to this.
  2. There is a bug in the BIOS that causes instability either using 2 sticks or over 4GB.
  3. The new RAM is bad/broken.
  4. The RAM slot is bad/broken.

You should check out https://www.memtest86.com/ You will need to create a bootable USB, there are instructions on the readme, or use a program called Rufus to burn that .IMG to a USB. Then go to the BIOS and set booting to USB first (check motherboard manual or look for it online if you are not sure, I don't have your motherboard so I don't know how). Once you are I'm the memtest program, you can check for bad RAM using the test.
Also, are you using 32 or 64 bit Windows? 32 bit usually doesn't accept more than 4 GB or 3gb RAM (I can't remember which). So if you are using 32 bit this will be the problem.
Other than either bad ram or wrong windows type, I'd say your problem is being caused by incompatible RAM (you should try to match pairs - same brand, same speed and same model.

As for the shutdown not working, is suggest that you try option 5 and option 6 here.