ICIT

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Am planning my next build and don't want to make the mistake I made with this one - i5 2500 and Gigabyte H67 board.
I see there was a question asked recently re Asus boards and I am still not sure form the answers given what the difference is between an ASUS P8Z77-M PRO Motherboard and an ASUS P8Z77-V PRO Motherboard - the difference as in the M and V.

I can see the specs but as the M is almost $100 less than the V I would really appreciate someone who is well acquainted with these things. I just have computing as a pre retirement hobby really - do a bit of fixing for friends and workmates but just for myself would like to have a go at over clocking now.

If it means getting the more expensive board then I will but like everyone would like to keep the cost down a bit.

Oh I intend on using the Intel Core i5 3570K for the build, plus some fast RAM. :??:

This would be the one, if u want good overclocker and quality.
ASRock Z77 Performance LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel

Premium Gold Caps

Digi Power Design, 8 + 4 Power Phase Design

Supports Dual Channel DDR3 2800+(OC)

1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slot, Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX, CrossFireX

Supports Broadcom Dual PCIE GLAN with Teaming function

Supports Intel HD Graphics with Built-in Visuals

Multi-VGA Output Options : D-Sub, DVI-D, HDMI

Combo Cooler Option (C.C.O.)

7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec), Supports THX TruStudio

Supports ASRock XFast RAM, XFast LAN, XFast USB, On/Off Play, UEFI System Browser

Digi Power,XFast 555,Virtu MVP,Fatal1ty Mouse Port

was: $174.99 -> $149.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157298
Fatal1ty%20Z77%20Performance(m).jpg

ICIT

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Thanks Nikkor I'll check out the prices on my local supplier site - would prefer the Asus though because a good friend just had some really bad issues with Asrock especially support.
Just say for example you had to choose an Asus board which one would you choose from the two I mentioned please? There is a board the and not V Pro thats a bit cheaper and from what I can see has only very lsight differences .

ICIT

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Thanks again mate we must have been some sort of same ~ LOL!!

No BS I really appreciate your opinion, time and patience - with an old codger!

No problem at all.

One more thing, u have asked for this one too ASUS P8Z77-M PRO.

it is mATX, and that is a smaller than ATX, and mATX are usually stripped of some features, gets warmer and don't overclock as high as ATX with 12 phases.

ICIT

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Thanks Nikkor - again I didn't know that - well have only been doing computing in any depth for the last three years and it has been a very steep learning curve and it is getting steeper but thanks to folks like yourself have a much better understanding now.
Well my good friend in the US ( who had those awful problems) went to an Asus board and he reckons hasn't looked back so why I was veering away from Gigabyte so I can rest knowing I have got it right this time. My sincere thanks again.

John

PS Just wish we could get stuff at US prices though!!

ICIT

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Yeah Nikkor and get my stuff from Melbourne -not that that is a big deal just our gov likes a slice of everything I reckon. My usual supplier is pretty good price wise and the board you recommended is $215 the Pro is another $20 but the V looks the goods to me. :-D

ICIT

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Sorry mate must have crossed posts my supplier is PC Case Gear -
http://pccasegear.com/ they are pretty good on price and there a few you have to be careful with especially if they undercut PC by heaps.

ICIT

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Just as matter of interest I have just fitted the Arctic Freezer 13 Pro to my Sandy Bridge and the tester with a a Q7400 both running 64bit 7 Home premium and the temps are both at about 31 - 32C as opposed to then running at 39- 42C on the stock coolers - mind you I am only browsing and stuff like that but it does quote in it's ad that it has 300watts of cooling power and to be honest the air coming from the back is really cold to feel.
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_23_845&products_id=16896 and at $49 is pretty good value I thought.

ICIT

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012

ICIT

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
No editing videos although have just started to get into some graphical stuff for example making up signatures Avatars etc perhaps retouching photos maybe but nothing really complicated and am aiming a bit higher just in case I do try more involved stuff out. Like I said before ZI skimped on this build thinking I would never want to get further on and slipped up big time. - Games limited to simply basic flight sims

I don't get a lot of time for gaming really because of work or "fixing" at home, but am interested in having a try at over clocking, as my US friend has got my imagination fired up a bit.

TRENDING THREADS