Motherboard and CPU combination, help??

varun1989

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Hai, I am planning to buy an i5. Can someone please provide the various prices of i5. Also suggest a good mobo along with the price. I have a second thought, please do rate which combination is better

1) i5+ mobo +no graphic card (i5 has internal graphic chip )
2) c2d 8400 + mobo+ gts 450

I use my system mostly for video editing, medium gaming, hd videos watching and all other multimedia stuff.
Please do suggest between these two. My budget and various constraints limit me.

Cerealkiller45_86

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Check current pricing for I5 2500K on Tigerdirect or Newegg. I didn't see sale on them today but if you go with Newegg, which is currently priced at $219.99, u can use NEWCUSTOMER10 coupon to take additional $10 off their price for it.

If you can give your budget figure then it'll help us immensely to give some firm suggestions. You will most probably need a dedicated video card for any sort of gaming (assuming games such as crysis). Depending on the software used, few AMD X6's can actually compete with the 2500k in video editing. But they are roughly priced the same so no savings there. You can save somewhat on the motherboard though.

tumbleweed.gif