Question Motherboard and CPU Replacement Need Help please

Aug 1, 2024
Hi I hope you are all doing well , I was planning to Build AM5 PC but it turned out very expensive and I'm not ready for it's price . so I thought of replacing my current CPU and motherboard to get a little boost till I get ready for a full upgrade .

My current PC components are :

Motherboard : Asus Prime B450m-K
Processor : Ryzen 5 3600
GPU : RTX 2060 Ti SUPER MINI
Ram : G.Skill RipJaws 5 Series Noir 16Go (2x 8Go) DDR4 3600 MHz CL18
PSU : Corsair RM750x 80PLUS Gold 750W
Storage : Samsung SSD 980 M.2 PCIe NVMe 1TB and 1 sata 1TB

So I wanted to replace the Current motherboard and CPU by MSI B550M PRO-VDH and AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D (3.0 GHz / 4.1 GHz) Tray
and get DeepCool AK620 because I have only stock cooler at the moment .
This replacement will cost me 450 USD in total .

I don't know where else to ask ,I need your help to make the right decision , Thank you for your time .

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
Out of interest how much more would it cost to get something like a ryzen 7600, ASRock B650M-HDV/M.2 and 32gb 6000 RAM?

In the UK I can get this for £415 which would probably be the option I would go for. The cpu cooler comes with the cpu and the future options are significantly better should you want to upgrade down the road.

Worth a look

Aug 1, 2024
Out of interest how much more would it cost to get something like a ryzen 7600, ASRock B650M-HDV/M.2 and 32gb 6000 RAM?

In the UK I can get this for £415 which would probably be the option I would go for. The cpu cooler comes with the cpu and the future options are significantly better should you want to upgrade down the road.

Worth a look
for a Decent AM5 Build here in Morocco it would cost 1600 USD [ Mobo alone would Cost 400 USD - CPU 400 - Ram DDR5 150 etc... ] and I'm not ready to switch to that kind of build . that's why i'm trying to make little upgrades till I get ready

Reactions: MEMOFLEX

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
for a Decent AM5 Build here in Morocco it would cost 1600 USD [ Mobo alone would Cost 400 USD - CPU 400 - Ram DDR5 150 etc... ] and I'm not ready to switch to that kind of build . that's why i'm trying to make little upgrades till I get ready
I would likely go with the 5700x3d and a good downdraft cooler as Eximo mentioned. Keep an eye on temps as you go initially and if the current MB is holding up you have saved some money.

If the MB is throttling then you can invest in a B550 down the line

Aug 1, 2024
I would likely go with the 5700x3d and a good downdraft cooler as Eximo mentioned. Keep an eye on temps as you go initially and if the current MB is holding up you have saved some money.

If the MB is throttling then you can invest in a B550 down the line
thank you very much guys , here are the Coolers I could get for it :
https://www.ultrapc.ma/46-ventirads-processeur
I don't think there is any downdraft available