Question Motherboard CPU and DRAM LEDs are flashing ?

May 24, 2023
Hi.

I have a problem with a freshly assembled computer.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X

Motherboard: GIGABYTE X670 GAMING X AX

RAM: Kingston Fury Beast RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MHz

After assembling the computer, I booted it up for the first time, the motherboard LEDs for CPU and DRAM flashed over and over, once one, once the other. This went on for a minimum of 5 minutes and maybe longer.

If I restart the computer or turn it off and turn it on again, the system boots quickly. When I turn the computer off and then on the next day, it boots for a minimum of 5 minutes and the CPU and DRAM LEDs flash, once one once the other.

What could be the cause?

Has anyone had a similar case of such a long boot and found a solution? Maybe some special version of BIOS?

This morning the LEDs flashed for 10 minutes and did not turn on, I decided to hold down the POWER button on the case, the computer turned off. I pressed POWER again and after about 3 minutes the computer booted up.

In short, the computer has trouble booting up after being idle for several hours.

Jul 25, 2023
I have been having a Very Similiar Issue where my DRAM and CPU lights blink back and forth and won't boot and then after a Few Power Cycles isn't will boot and be perfectly fine until I power it off again

N3M1S1S

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2014
I notice this thread is almost a year old and I hope someone has found a solid solution. Pc works fine for about a week or so, then one day it won't boot with cpu and dram lights blinking back and forth. I then have to unplug the power cord to the psu, try and power up the pc so the psu can drain its remaining power stored, and the plug the cord back and try again. Recently it has been happening more and more often then before. Has anyone found a solution to this. I have had this pc for about 12 months I guess and won't be able to return the mboard.