Question Aligning windows XP on a samsung 850 pro

Jul 30, 2024
Hello! I'm currently building a retro PC that will have 2 SSDs one with XP and the other with Windows 7. I'd like to make sure that the XP SSD is alligned properly. I know very little about this other than a few sites have recommend using windows 7 to partition because it does 2048 byte blocks. My question is should I instead use a windows 10 or even windows 11 machine to do the partition instead so it's 1024 bytes? Would that be better?

Also, I will have 4 SSD's in total. 1 for XP, 1 for 7, and the other 2 will be for both. Would it be possible to RAID0 the remaining drives to use as a gaming drive D: for BOTH operating system? Or would that cause an issue? Should I instead use the extra drives individually for each operating system? (so XP would get 1 extra drive all for itself, and 7 its own extra drive)

Thank for the help! I hope these quesitons don't come off as extremely noob, I'm knowledgable to a point, it's been a VERY long time since i've messed with windows XP so I want to make sure I do everything right to not mess up the drives. I'm aware that I need to find a specific version of Samsung Magician for windows XP though i'm not sure which, in order to have TRIIM working on it. I will also have Windows 7 to fall back on to trim the drives when they are not in use. Does anyone have any extra input on how I should configure the SSD for windows XP so it doesn't destroy the drive? Thanks!