CPU: AMD R5 5600X
CPU Cooler: DeepCool Gammaxx 400
Motherboard: ASRock X570 PRO4
RAM: 16GB Dual-channel DDR4-2400
Power Supply: Cooler Master MasterWatt 650
Case: Corsair 275R
Operating System: Windows 10
GPU: GeForce RTZ 2060 Super Ventus GP OC

The graphics card doesn't show up under network adapters, and getting the GeForce experience for the drivers also doesn't show up and my monitor is plugged into the graphics card so its working just not getting registered I think its the motherboard BIOS but I heard its risky to attempt and update any tips?

Last edited:
Solution
A GPU would show up under "Display Adapters", not network. Since you can get into Windows, you at got the generic VGA adapter drivers loaded at the very least so the BIOS and Windows are at the very least recognizing that.

Windows is detecting a GPU fine. If Nvidia's drivers aren't loading, there may be something wrong with the vBIOS preventing drivers from recognizing it correctly and defaulting to the generic VGA driver.

InvalidError

Titan
A GPU would show up under "Display Adapters", not network. Since you can get into Windows, you at got the generic VGA adapter drivers loaded at the very least so the BIOS and Windows are at the very least recognizing that.

Windows is detecting a GPU fine. If Nvidia's drivers aren't loading, there may be something wrong with the vBIOS preventing drivers from recognizing it correctly and defaulting to the generic VGA driver.

Solution
Oct 8, 2021

Sorry not really tech savy but yeah the graphics doesn't appear on display adapters i only get the default, Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. In any case what should i do?

Last edited:

InvalidError

Titan
I only know of two reasons why GPUs only register as generic VGA:
1- missing AUX power cable(s) - some GPUs outright fail to do anything without AUX power, some display an error screen, a few fall back to dumb VGA adapter to stay as far below 70W maximum slot power as possible
2- fake GPU, compare your GPU's PCB with a known-good picture of what you are supposed to have for obvious differences