[SOLVED] motherboard fail or what?

Dec 25, 2020
Hello! This is my first post on the website, so I'm sorry if I'm doing it the wrong way.
So I added another stick of ram to my pc that was running on single stick since I bought it, the pc recognized the new ram everything was running smoothly for a couple of days then the pc started freezing and restarting randomly whether it's idle or I'm doing anything so I disabled the auto restart to see what happens when it freezes so I found out it just freezes for 1 sec before turning to black screen so after searching the internet I found out there's a lot of hardware parts that could do the freezing but I narrowed it down to either the ram or the mobo because that's the recent change that started the problem, so I tested the ram with memtest each stick for a while no errors ,also i tried to remove one stick and work on only one like before but also the pc still freezes but with a slower rate like once every two days but when I work on dual channel it freezes once every hour or something ,also I tried to change the ram stick slot to see if one if them is damaged but same results ,i should mention that the pc runs fine except for the freezing and one time when i was changing the ram sticks positions the pc started doing the beep beep continuously and didn't boot until i switched them back which made me suspect the mobo more ,I'm sorry for the long post I'm not good at this but is the mobo failing? It's a 5 year mobo and I can't figure out what else could be wrong any help is appreciated.

here are my specs:
mobo:ga p81-d3
ram: hyper x blu ddr3 8 gb both sticks
cpu: i5-4440
gpu: gtx 960
psu:450 w

Solution
Mixing RAM modules that were not tested to work together could create unpredictable results.
Mixing RAM could caused the motherboard to refuse to work even when the RAM appear to have similar specs.
Even when they appear to be similar, the IC chips might come from different manufactures.
To be sure that RAM will work together you will have to buy RAM kits.
That's why manufacturers and vendors won't provide support for that configuration.
Sometimes BIOS update could help, by automatically, underclock RAM stick to allow them to run together, so you wouldn't run into any issues.

Reset the BIOS
Power off PC, power off PSU, disconnect power cord.
Remove the CMOS battery & press the power button for 20 seconds to discharge capacitors...
Mixing RAM modules that were not tested to work together could create unpredictable results.
Mixing RAM could caused the motherboard to refuse to work even when the RAM appear to have similar specs.
Even when they appear to be similar, the IC chips might come from different manufactures.
That's why manufacturers and vendors won't provide support for that configuration.
Sometimes BIOS update could help, by automatically, underclock RAM stick to allow them to run together, so you wouldn't run into any issues.

Reset the BIOS
Remove the CMOS battery & press the power button for 20 seconds to discharge capacitors.
Wait 10 minutes then install CMOS battery and leave the original RAM module.
Connect power cord, turn on PSU, and power on PC.
Go into the BIOS and make sure all settings are properly set.

Reactions: xpac
Solution
Dec 25, 2020

Reset the BIOS
Remove the CMOS battery & press the power button for 20 seconds to discharge capacitors.
Wait 10 minutes then install CMOS battery and leave the original RAM module.
Connect power cord, turn on PSU, and power on PC.
Go into the BIOS and make sure all settings are properly set.
ty for the response i will try what you said