[SOLVED] Motherboard flashes red then doesnt turn on

Jan 23, 2021
I recently got a z370 aorus ultra gaming 2.0 motherboard. when I flip on the power supply, a red light blinks, then nothing happens when I press the power button. is this a CPU issue, RAM, or motherboard? idk, but someone please help me. thanks.

Solution
That could be a number of things.

I would start by checking the power connectors to the motherboard are all in and all in correctly, then work through one thing at a time.

Disconnect everything that is not essential, leave in only power, boot drive, monitor, keyboard and mouse, check the motherboard manual and install only one stick of RAM into the preferred first slot.

If you do not have any success, then try a different known working PSU if you have one.

Good luck.
alright... figured out what was wrong. I done goofed and had my power switch cable plugged into the PWR LED header. everything's working so far

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020
I recently got a z370 aorus ultra gaming 2.0 motherboard. when I flip on the power supply, a red light blinks, then nothing happens when I press the power button. is this a CPU issue, RAM, or motherboard? idk, but someone please help me. thanks.

I would start by checking the power connectors to the motherboard are all in and all in correctly, then work through one thing at a time.

Disconnect everything that is not essential, leave in only power, boot drive, monitor, keyboard and mouse, check the motherboard manual and install only one stick of RAM into the preferred first slot.

If you do not have any success, then try a different known working PSU if you have one.

Good luck.

Jan 23, 2021

Good luck.
alright... figured out what was wrong. I done goofed and had my power switch cable plugged into the PWR LED header. everything's working so far

Solution