[SOLVED] Motherboard for ryzen 7 3800x

May 8, 2020
Hi all,

i am buying new PC, which will be mostly used for virtualization and coding. I am currently looking to buy ryzen 7 3800x CPU to run with 2x16gb 3200mhz RAM ( i have plans to upgrade to 64gb --will this motherboard enable 4x 16gb sticks to run on 3200mhz ? ) .
Because of ryzen 3000 series i am moving forward entry x570 motherboards because of BIOS support, more ram and one additional m2 slot mostly. I don't have plans to overclock CPU but i still want some decent motherboard so i wont need to buy new after 3 years because of the lack for new features. Only thing that is required on mobo is that it must have intel NIC. Because my budget is like 150-200eu i only found Asrock x570 phantom gaming 4 suitable in my country, but since i had read so many bad reviews i don't know what to buy. Should i get cheaper b450 or x470 if any got intel NIC and flash bios or is entry level x570 good enough?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks, BR Rok

Solution
Hi all,

i am buying new PC, which will be mostly used for virtualization and coding. I am currently looking to buy ryzen 7 3800x CPU to run with 2x16gb 3200mhz RAM ( i have plans to upgrade to 64gb --will this motherboard enable 4x 16gb sticks to run on 3200mhz ? ) .
Because of ryzen 3000 series i am moving forward entry x570 motherboards because of BIOS support, more ram and one additional m2 slot mostly. I don't have plans to overclock CPU but i still want some decent motherboard so i wont need to buy new after 3 years because of the lack for new features. Only thing that is required on mobo is that it must have intel NIC. Because my budget is like 150-200eu i only found Asrock x570 phantom gaming 4 suitable in my country, but...

kanewolf

Titan
Hi all,

Because of ryzen 3000 series i am moving forward entry x570 motherboards because of BIOS support, more ram and one additional m2 slot mostly. I don't have plans to overclock CPU but i still want some decent motherboard so i wont need to buy new after 3 years because of the lack for new features. Only thing that is required on mobo is that it must have intel NIC. Because my budget is like 150-200eu i only found Asrock x570 phantom gaming 4 suitable in my country, but since i had read so many bad reviews i don't know what to buy. Should i get cheaper b450 or x470 if any got intel NIC and flash bios or is entry level x570 good enough?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks, BR Rok
Unknown on RAM. You will be mixing two separately purchased sets of RAM. There is no guarantees that will work at all. If you want 64GB with 4 DIMMs, you should buy it as a set.

Solution
May 8, 2020
Thank you very much for help. This forum was very helpful! Just one question more. If i later on upgrade ram with one more same RAM kit to get 64gb of ram, what that means for ram speed ? can i still get the same speed as with only 2 sticks because i was reading somewhere that i sacrifice a little speed for more capacity.