Motherboard just turn on after i remove the BATTERY!

HeltonFonias

Reputable
Jun 11, 2015
Hey Guys, i'm Helton. and i've got a serious problem. first things first. Yesterday i was playing normally, and at night i just turned it off correctly. And today at morning, i tried to start my Computer, but it didn't shown Video on the display. so i though that the problem was only the Memory Ram Stick. after that problem, i just removed the sticks cleaned up everything with a white eraser. and then put it back to the slots. i've tried again, no Success. and i've changed the slots already and nothing. and after few tries. i noticed that if i remove the battery from Bios, and then put it back again. it's gonna start. and it does. but if i turn off my computer again, next time it will not start. I DON'T KNOW WHY!, is there anything i can do? do you guys have any idea about this issue? I Appreciate your help , thank you!

My PC Specs:
I5 3470 3.4ghz
GTX 670 FTW PNY 2 GB
CX430 CORSAIR
8GB RAM 2x4
H61M MSI

Solution
A good place to start would be your power supply.
CX units are poor quality and failure prone due to poor quality capacitors.

RudyG87

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016

I know this might not help you, but it may be worth a shot. I have a GTX 690 and I found that one of my display ports was having a hard time detecting a monitor and sending video to it. But after I reset the cmos it would work until I restarted it, and I would have to reset it again. similar to you. Once I purchased a second monitor and started using the DVI port, it never happened again. so try the different video ports on the back of your card and see if it helps.