Question Motherboard not outputting Graphics

thedirtylesson

Commendable
Jun 25, 2019
Was playing Modern Warfare last night on gaming desktop when the screen suddenly froze. Restarted and monitor said "No input" (Display Port connection).
-Tried GPU HDMI connection to Monitor = No Input
-Removed GPU and plugged VGA from MB into Monitor = No Input
-Tried DVI from MB to Monitor = No Input
-Removed 3/4 RAM and tried MB VGA input with single sticks = No input
-Reset CMOS = No Input
-Tried Laptop HDMI to Monitor = WORKS

To be clear the MB is lit up and all fans are spinning - just no video output. I think this 6 year old ASUS Maximus Hero 7 has finally crapped the bed... Just wanted some closure from you guys IF I did needed testing and some advice on upgrading.

Currently running a i7-4790 in the ASUS 1150 Socket. Wondering if I should even try to get another 1150 socket at a good price or if I would be better off selling CPU on Ebay and upgrading both MB and CPU in this instance? I haven't bought gaming PC parts for a few years so I am out of loop on new hotness. This is kinda a mid tier build so I dont need best of best.

Last edited:

thedirtylesson

Commendable
Jun 25, 2019
Try booting with the drive disconnected to see if you can get into the motherboards BIOS.

Cannot get to bios with drives disconnected. Monitor still saying "no input" from both HDMI and RGB motherboard connections. I wish I had another monitor to try but never had an issue like this before with it in 4 years...

I am about to order another motherboard/CPU. IS there anything else I should try before I buy new stuff?

Cannot get to bios with drives disconnected. Monitor still saying "no input" from both HDMI and RGB motherboard connections. I wish I had another monitor to try but never had an issue like this before with it in 4 years...

I am about to order another motherboard/CPU. IS there anything else I should try before I buy new stuff?
You could try booting the motherboard outside the case.

Reactions: thedirtylesson