Question motherboard not recognizing gpu?

Feb 25, 2023
So I made a new build (parts). And the computer gives me this Image, It wont boot to bios or even show the loading logos, just that image and occasionally flashes black. If i plug into the onboard igpu it wont let me access the bios still, unless i remove the gpu. While plugged into the igpu i can install windows and use the computer normally.
I've troubleshooted everything I could possibly think of (update bios, diff monitor, cables, etc)
So i figured the Gpu is just DOA. but it works in 2 different machines. I also put a 1050ti into the new build and it works normally(can use bios and windows i installed through igpu)??? So I'm at a complete loss on what to even send back.
I have access to known working psu's and swapping them made no difference.
At this point I feel like I'm missing something in the bios, or something is not compatible.

Any insight/help is appreciative

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
If i plug into the onboard igpu it wont let me access the bios still, unless i remove the gpu.

This is normal behavior and is supposed to work like so. Since when you have dedicated GPU in the system, iGPU is automatically disabled.

So i figured the Gpu is just DOA. but it works in 2 different machines.

Your MoBo has 2nd PCI-E x16 slot. Plug your RTX 3060 Ti into there and look if it works.

So I made a new build (parts). And the computer gives me this Image, It wont boot to bios or even show the loading logos, just that image and occasionally flashes black. If i plug into the onboard igpu it wont let me access the bios still, unless i remove the gpu. While plugged into the igpu i can install windows and use the computer normally.
I've troubleshooted everything I could possibly think of (update bios, diff monitor, cables, etc)
So i figured the Gpu is just DOA. but it works in 2 different machines. I also put a 1050ti into the new build and it works normally(can use bios and windows i installed through igpu)??? So I'm at a complete loss on what to even send back.
I have access to known working psu's and swapping them made no difference.
At this point I feel like I'm missing something in the bios, or something is not compatible.

Any insight/help is appreciative
try this https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...nvidia-gpu-firmware-update-tool-for-displayid

Feb 25, 2023
This is normal behavior and is supposed to work like so. Since when you have dedicated GPU in the system, iGPU is automatically disabled.

Your MoBo has 2nd PCI-E x16 slot. Plug your RTX 3060 Ti into there and look if it works.

Good to know about the igpu. and I have tried the other slot as well with the same outcome.