Question Motherboard POST fine (can access BIOS), but doesn't boot into any OS

el.cavalry.2010

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017
Hello! A friend of mine gave me an old Pc that he had laying around, the specs are:
MB: Asrock 775i65G
CPU: Pentium D 805
RAM: 512MB DDR400
HDD: 80GB SATA

So.. What's the problem? I don't know.. The motherboard POST fine, I can access the BIOS and change things and all that stuff perfectly, but whenever I want it to boot an OS.. I just resets! It stops giving video signal for a sec and then it starts again, like if I pressed the RESET switch (Note: I don't have a reset switch connected). I tried everything, booting from USB, it resets; booting from IDE/SATA DVD Drive, it resets; booting from SATA/IDE HDD; it resets; I tried booting with Windows Installers, Windows To Go thingies and Linux Live CD's; it resets.. I even tried flashing it with the latest BIOS avaliable for it, and it keeps doing it! (Note 2: The BIOS flash was successful)

I don't know that to do.. maybe this motherboard is just broken?? Because I tried different CPUs, different PSUs, different RAM modules.. etc..

Thanks in advance for your help!

THEearthISFLAT

Upstanding
Feb 16, 2019
there is no OS, you will need to reinstall an OS. you can try win 10 but it might not work. it's possible there is no storage drive in the PC as they are often removed when recycled. get a usb flash drive and download a win 10 installer or any OS of your choice

el.cavalry.2010

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017
there is no OS, you will need to reinstall an OS. you can try win 10 but it might not work. it's possible there is no storage drive in the PC as they are often removed when recycled. get a usb flash drive and download a win 10 installer or any OS of your choice
Hi, Thanks for your answer, I think you didn't understand, I tried loading Windows installers and Linux Live CD's but as I said the PC resets when trying to load an OS or OS installer, I even tried to install windows on the HDD with my main computer (Take the HDD, connect it to my PC and install windows there, then take the HDD out and back to the first pc I was talking about)