[SOLVED] Motherboard problem?

May 6, 2020
Hey, currently having an issue with my pc. At random times, or as soon as you give computer some heavy load, for example starting a game, screen freezes for a couple of seconds, all of usb devices start flickering(turning off and on) and most of the times they stop working and I need to restart my pc for it to be normal again. This isn't my mouse/keyboard/mic problem since I tested it on other PC. What I tried to do was:

Monitor my temps when that happens
Reset bios
Reinstall Windows
Update/remove and reinstall drivers
Updated all of my other drivers
Unticked all of the boxes that said let windows turn off device to save power
Disabled USB selective suspend
Messed around with my pc for hours, cleaned the dust, took everything apart and put it back on and yet no luck.
Checked event viewer, and found abosulutely nothing.
Spent hours looking at similar people problems and nothing helped.
Did memtest, gpu test, cpu test, all sorts of tests which I found on some forum and everything showed up great.

Most times when this thing happens is:
After booting in a game called Rust(I use it to check whether I fixed the problem or not, since it happens 100% times when I launch it)
After leaving my online class call(as soon as I press the button to leave the call)
Randomly scrolling my internet browser
Even when typing this(this is my second take at writing this, since the first time I wrote this the thing happend and button "V" started to press itself and I had to restart yet again.

My specs:
AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40GHz
8GB of ram
1TB HDD
Gigabyte MOBO, not sure how to find the full name

Basically reinstalling windows didn't help so I think it must be a hardware issue? Motherboard, PSU? If u have any ideas what this could be let me know, because it's really frustrating when I have to restart my pc in the middle of a online class!

Solution
Hello, it's called Codegen power supply ATX PSU 400W V2.03 P4 CE PFC PSU (SILENT/ 12cm fan)
Never had any problems with it, only with its fan, which I fixed by lubing it.
Ok that’s a very poor quality psu. Needing to lube it speaks to its poor quality, a high quality psu should outlive the pc without needing to be touched. I cannot be sure it’s the psu but my guess would be it is likely the cause. It seems to be struggling to hold the 5v rail that supplies USB and devices.
Hello, it's called Codegen power supply ATX PSU 400W V2.03 P4 CE PFC PSU (SILENT/ 12cm fan)
Never had any problems with it, only with its fan, which I fixed by lubing it.
Ok that’s a very poor quality psu. Needing to lube it speaks to its poor quality, a high quality psu should outlive the pc without needing to be touched. I cannot be sure it’s the psu but my guess would be it is likely the cause. It seems to be struggling to hold the 5v rail that supplies USB and devices.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution
May 6, 2020
Might be the case, my pc is fairly old, using it for around 5years now, so it might need some replacements. I lubed it because after 5 years of using it, the fans finally became noisy, so lubing fixed it! Ill see if any other people has any ideas and if no i'll just start saving up for a new pc, or replace parts one by one until I fix it :)

May 6, 2020
That's a good a reason as any if your not satisfied with it's overal performance --- that's the same decision I've made in the past instead of throwing money at something I'm no longer happy with 👍
Thank you for your help! Is there any way to check whether a component is broken without replacing it? Would be a bummer to sell someone a part that caused the problem and not the PSU.

May 6, 2020
Only if you've got access to another PC that supports the component you wish to test.
Wow, so I didn't gave up and spent the whole day searching for the problem(cleaning my pc, taking out psu and puting it back in) and u wont believe what caused the problem. It was my freaking microphone. Just did a check with my gf by calling her on the pc. If I had the mic plugged in, as soon as i left the call my pc froze, and usb devices started to disconnect and reconnect. The second time i came in the call with mic unplugged, and after i left the call everything was working ok. Any idea how a microphone could have caused such a mess? Did it have a shortage or was it a driver bug?