[SOLVED] Motherboard/PSU Recommendation

Apr 20, 2020
Hey guys,

My recent attempt to build a computer had a very frustrating outcome - no video, no beeps, even though the fans were spinning.

PSU was connected to hard drives, as well as the CPU, GPU, motherboard, so was the speaker hooked on the header. Tried 2 different brands of RAM in different sockets, took out the CMOS, tried taking out components just to get some beeps, different monitors with different connections (HDMI, DVI) - nothing. I am giving it another try with a new motherboard/PSU.

I wonder if anyone could advise on what motherboard/PSU to get for my budget build. My only requirement is that they are compatible with the rest of my components so the computer turns on and I can go further with installing the OS, etc. I haven't got any spare parts for troubleshooting, that's why I want to play super safe this time.

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (new)
GPU - Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 570 ITX 4GB DDR5 (manufacturer refurbished)
RAM - 2x Crucial 8GB DDR4 UDIMM CL19 1.2V 2666mhz CT8G4DFS8266 (new)
SSD - Kingston A400 240GB (new)
HDD - Western Digital WD5000AAKX 500GB (used, temporary solution)

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Solution
IF the PC turns on, you might not need a new PSU...
I would get a good budget mobo that could handle a ryzen 3000 CPU later on, like the B450 Pro4. But don't overspend, anything above 100$ is too much for a B450.
Apr 20, 2020
IF the PC turns on, you might not need a new PSU...
I would get a good budget mobo that could handle a ryzen 3000 CPU later on, like the B450 Pro4. But don't overspend, anything above 100$ is too much for a B450.

Thanks a lot for your reply,

I was thinking about whether the MSI B450M Mortar Max or Gigabyte B450 Aorus. However, this might sound silly but I am really paranoid that my RAM could be incompatible with the configuration - the ones I have weren't on the list of supported devices.

Is there anything in particular I should look out for?