Mr_Furball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2014
Bought parts to make a PC for light gaming and work:

Ryzen 3 2200G
HyperX RAM 8GB HX424C15FB2/8, 1 stick (I know it works best with two. No need to comment).
HDD 1TB Barracuda
Gigabyte GA-AB350M-DS3H V2 Motherboard
Corsair VX 550W (it's an old PSU, but I was using it on my PC and it was working perfectly until I swaped)

The problem came when we were trying to install the chipset or Ryzen APU video driver. The PC was starting to reboot itself in an infinite loop. If formatted, because they are drivers that are in the HDD, you could start the PC again. But when I did a BIOS update, the PC was in the loop and no format helped, so it became clear that the problem was the motherboard. Could not even roll back on BIOS version. It came on F31, tried to update to F50a and then go back. Also, the dealer's test team confirmed the problem when I sent it for exchange. Now that makes the situation worse.

The new motherboard has arrived and is doing the same thing. With this new one we can update the BIOS at least. You might think, "Ah, so it's the hard drive" but no. All the parts have been tested (RAM, CPU, HDD) on my PC which happens to have a very similar Gigabyte motherboard (A320MA-M.2) and are working fine. Now the restart loop is different. The first made the computer start, fail during boot, restart and show the blue help screen. This one boots up to the desktop and restarts right away, but that's just a detail. I don't think it matters. Also, the new one came on version F41, Ryzen 3000 ready, so they're from different lots.

The only time it worked was when I installed my gtx 1060 for test on this PC with the first motherboard. I installed the drivers. After I disconnected the GPU, one day later the problem started again. I could even trade my board with this new pc's if I knew it would work properly when there is a GPU installed, but we don't know if a day later it wouldn't start happening again, having the GPU or not. The day we took it out, we restarted the PC a few times at the hour to make sure and it was fine. Maybe on the next day it would happen again either way.

Does anyone have any answers for this? Did I just win the lottery and got two deffective units in a roll? Does this particular Gigabyte model with this processor and this particular RAM give this problem? Thank you very much for any help. We are already two months into this and have not been successful in any forum. We tried different Windows ISO versions, different chipset and video drivers and nothing. We need help.

Also: the thermal paste is applied. There is room for air. the setup is simples and it's not overheating.

Last edited: 2 minutes ago

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr_Furball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2014
The problem with Ryzen video drivers I believe was solved by running Windows Update and installing all updates for Windows 10 before trying to install the video drivers.
But when windows tried to install it's own video driver before I installed the amd one it started rebooting again. Remember that the test team from the dealer probably has their pc all updated for tests and they had problems too. Also, while using my board to test the CPU, RAM and HDD, I formatted the hard drive and right after I installed the chipset driver and it was fine.
I also tested the hard drive on my pc that has a Ryzen too and after I formatted the first thing I did was to install the chipset, before windows updates.

Last edited: