[SOLVED] Motherboard showing 110°C temperature in BIOS and Hwmonitor

Aug 4, 2020
Recently I built a pc with
Asrock a320 hdv r 4 motherboard and
ryzen 3 3200g.

The pc is working flawlessly but whenever I check the bios the temperature of my motherboard is 110°C in idle condition.

Tried restarting the pc after 12 hours even then the temperature is 110°C in BIOS.

Also the result is same in every temperature measuring software including Hwmonitor.

It would be great help if anyone could tell me what can I do to solve this problem.

Solution
Will this motherboard temperature sensor fault do any harm to my rest of the components?
Not likely. Both CPU and iGPU boosting is handled completely by the CPU itself and it uses internal temperature sensors that are scattered all over the CPU die to determine when it's safe to boost and when it needs to throttle back if temperature gets too high.

Motherboard CPU sensors for AM4 are notoriously bad and uninformative for the above reason. Most don't even include them anymore. so something like HWInfo that reports Tdie or Ryzenmaster is best for reading temperature.

thefxgamingrules

Reputable
Jun 19, 2018
Try clearing CMOS? In HWiNFO, temps can be monitored from the motherboard sensor and the APU. If the APU shows a reasonable temperature, your motherboard's sensor probe may be damaged, in that case, you should get it RMA'd. Also make sure you are on the latest BIOS which supports the 3200G.

Reactions: aadhu70
Aug 4, 2020
Try clearing CMOS? In HWiNFO, temps can be monitored from the motherboard sensor and the APU. If the APU shows a reasonable temperature, your motherboard's sensor probe may be damaged, in that case, you should get it RMA'd. Also make sure you are on the latest BIOS which supports the 3200G.
Could you please tell me how to clear CMOS?
The APU temp in HWiNFO is 34°C

thefxgamingrules

Reputable
Jun 19, 2018
Could you please tell me how to clear CMOS?
The APU temp in HWiNFO is 34°C
You'll need to open your case, and remove the CMOS battery for a minute or so. Alternatively, you can try disconnecting your PC from the power and holding the power button for a good minute.
So, the 34°C you saw is representative of what idle temps a CPU should be.
I say your motherboard temperature probe is at fault.

Aug 4, 2020
You'll need to open your case, and remove the CMOS battery for a minute or so. Alternatively, you can try disconnecting your PC from the power and holding the power button for a good minute.
So, the 34°C you saw is representative of what idle temps a CPU should be.
I say your motherboard temperature probe is at fault.
Oh so it's not a problem right?
Will this motherboard temperature sensor fault do any harm to my rest of the components?

thefxgamingrules

Reputable
Jun 19, 2018
Oh so it's not a problem right?
It may, if the motherboard has some sort of boost feature, it won't detect the temperature correctly, and may even fry your CPU. OR, it will ask you CPU to throttle if it reads 110C. Either way, not good.

Last edited:
Not likely. Both CPU and iGPU boosting is handled completely by the CPU itself and it uses internal temperature sensors that are scattered all over the CPU die to determine when it's safe to boost and when it needs to throttle back if temperature gets too high.

Motherboard CPU sensors for AM4 are notoriously bad and uninformative for the above reason. Most don't even include them anymore. so something like HWInfo that reports Tdie or Ryzenmaster is best for reading temperature.

Solution