Question Motherboard stopped recognising CPU

Apr 6, 2019
Motherboard: MSI PC Pro Z370

After just over a year of working fine my motherboard has stopped recognising the CPU (the EZ debug light for CPU stays on and the machine doesn't post). The issue started a week ago however at that point the computer would turn on if switched off at the power supply for a few minutes it would turn on. Now, on the other hand, the machine refuses to turn on at all even after a full power off.

I believe this could be to do with me accidentally shorting out one of the USB ports by screwing around with a disassembled keyboard.

I have tried swapping out the CMOS battery and removing all of the front USB port connections to the motherboard.

Failing to recognise the cpu and having to switch the psu off for a few minutes would point to a motherboard failure.

Having to switch off the psu for a few minutes usually points to a psu or motherboard issue but the cpu problems do point to motherboard.

Apr 6, 2019
I highly doubt it. If there was visible signs of which components have failed a professional might be able to fix it but I would expect a new motherboard to be significantly cheaper.

Trouble is this is an educated guess, you will only know if it’s the motherboard by trying a different one.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, Ok, Thanks for the help :)