[SOLVED] Motherboard that has onboard Wifi and Optical Out?

Oasis Curator

Reputable
Apr 9, 2019
Looking for a motherboard to use with an i5-9300H processor (AM4?).
Ideally it would have wifi on board (although I do have a USB wifi thing) AND optical out, which seems to be a dying piece of hardware in itself these days.

It's to run some 4k stuff, hence using that processor - I don't really want to use a dedicated graphics card due to the software I'll be using.
I also have some Logitech z906 speakers so they can handle all the surround processing.

UNLESS someone thinks buying a cheaper board with a soundcard that can handle all the processing would be a better combo?

Any pointers?

Looking for a motherboard to use with an i5-9300H processor (AM4?).
Ideally it would have wifi on board (although I do have a USB wifi thing) AND optical out, which seems to be a dying piece of hardware in itself these days.

It's to run some 4k stuff, hence using that processor - I don't really want to use a dedicated graphics card due to the software I'll be using.
I also have some Logitech z906 speakers so they can handle all the surround processing.

UNLESS someone thinks buying a cheaper board with a soundcard that can handle all the processing would be a better combo?

Any pointers?
Not only that that intel CPU doesn't fit in AM4 socket but it's also not for desktop. Best all around CPU graphics are in Ryzen 5 5600G/5700G
Best thing is that you can (after BIOS update) just stick it in your MB.
That MB has SPDIF connector which is compatible with your speakers and is just as good as optical because it is digital.
So only thing MB is missing from your wish list is built in WiFi which on most if not all MB comes as a small ad on board, You can get a WiFi card in PCIe format or even better and cheaper a USB module, Neither one is worse than inbuilt ones, some are even better.

Colif

Win 11 Master
A lot of the USB WIFI dongles use old Realtek or Broadcom drivers that windows has started to reject so if you buy a WIFI add on, stick to PCIE as the latest spec WIFI isn't in dongles yet (from what I have seen)
will be labelled
  • WIFI6
  • AX
  • AC2100