Question Motherboard without a sign of life as soon as i install my cpu. Is my 900$ cpu dead? (again)

Mar 27, 2024
Hey there so guess i start with my specs and than explain whats happening to me the past couple of days.

Mobo/ Msi mag b650m
CPU/ Amd ryzen 7 7950x
Ram/ Corsair Vengeance 32gb

A few days ago my Pc randomly crashed after opening my browser and remained to be dead till now.
Ive invested quiet a bit of money into this thing because i was was in need of a proper work from home setup for my VFX work. The motherboard i had was a Asus ProArt top of the line mobo without any visible sings of damage what so ever.
Ive changed what i could with another older pc i had exept the Mobo and the CPU (only am5 mobo in my house at this time), and came to the possible naive conclusion that my motherboard must be the culprit why my pc isnt working at all. (No debug led, nothing coming from the mobo)

So ive ordered a new motherboard (and psu). A way cheaper and smaller msi mag b650m.
And whats happing again? Thats right, Nothing! I had everything installed like i did on a couple of PCs before. No led, no visible sign of electricity reaching the mobo whatsoever.
I thought that my new mobo is totally DOA and i just had the worst luck ever and thats it. Already filled out another refund for the new mobo till ive read in a random reddit post that its possible to flash the bios without anything installed on the mobo. Tried it - and whats there - a LED - a freaking LED flashing for the first time in days.
I thought thats it and i just had to flash the bios on the new mobo and everything will be gucci - Nej man -
As soon as i installed the Cpu, the cpu fan (noctua d15) the motherboard is as dead as its always been.

I guess i just have to ask the obvious thing but do you think that my cpu is dead? Like dead dead - or is there anything im overseeing?
This CPU cost a fortune when it was released, pretty sad to see it die this easily

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

We should be seeing two sets of specs, one for the two platforms that you've used to drop your processor onto. Have you tried placing the cooler on the IHS while the system is on it's side? Sometimes the pressure from a cooler's mount does bend pins on the socket preventing a POST. Did you breadboard the system?

Mar 27, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

We should be seeing two sets of specs, one for the two platforms that you've used to drop your processor onto. Have you tried placing the cooler on the IHS while the system is on it's side? Sometimes the pressure from a cooler's mount does bend pins on the socket preventing a POST. Did you breadboard the system?
Hey!

Listing the specs here:
CPU: amd ryzen 7 7950x
CPU cooler: noctua d15
Motherboard: ASUS ProArt X670E-CREATOR // Msi mag b650m
Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB
SSD/HDD: Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB PCIe
GPU: ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge LHR
PSU: Corsair RM850e
Chassis: /
Monitor: /

I have tried rotating the system with the cooler installed right now but nothing changed. Also tried to relief a little bit of tension on the noctua screws but didnt work as well.
About breadboarding - i dont really know what that means and googling didnt help me there..

Hey!

Listing the specs here:
CPU: amd ryzen 7 7950x
CPU cooler: noctua d15
Motherboard: ASUS ProArt X670E-CREATOR // Msi mag b650m
Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB
SSD/HDD: Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB PCIe
GPU: ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge LHR
PSU: Corsair RM850e
Chassis: /
Monitor: /

I have tried rotating the system with the cooler installed right now but nothing changed. Also tried to relief a little bit of tension on the noctua screws but didnt work as well.
About breadboarding - i dont really know what that means and googling didnt help me there..
Same without GPU ? Checked PSU ?