Question Motherboards with troubleshooting friendly features like Fault_code display and Debug LEDs

in5n80

Honorable
Apr 21, 2017
I am building a commerical PC which I had to troubleshoot at times from remote location. I regularly purchase ROG Maximus Hero motherboards which had all the features, but from 12th gen onwards the cost is too high. So I am looking for an affordable motherboard with below features
  1. Fault code (7 segment codes)
  2. EZ Debug LEDs (Yellow for RAM, Red for CPU, White for Boot etc)
  3. Integrated Start button in motherboard
  4. Minimum 4 USB3 Type-A ports
  5. Connector to connect all front panel wires ( Like ASUS Q-Connector)
Please suggest.

ASUS-Q-Codes-Led.jpg

I've never seen a motherboard that had both a Q-code LED display and EZ debug LED lights as well. One or the other, not both. I have three Hero boards here, all from different generations, and all three have ONLY the fault code two digit display, no debug lights.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I am building a commerical PC which I had to troubleshoot at times from remote location. I regularly purchase ROG Maximus Hero motherboards which had all the features, but from 12th gen onwards the cost is too high. So I am looking for an affordable motherboard with below features
  1. Fault code (7 segment codes)
  2. EZ Debug LEDs (Yellow for RAM, Red for CPU, White for Boot etc)
  3. Integrated Start button in motherboard
  4. Minimum 4 USB3 Type-A ports
  5. Connector to connect all front panel wires ( Like ASUS Q-Connector)
Please suggest.

ASUS-Q-Codes-Led.jpg
Most of the time just adding a speaker for the beep codes do the same thing.

Yes, but if you have somebody not terribly experienced on site and you are trying to diagnose remotely, it's awfully nice to have either Q-code or light to tell you what direction to go. Then again, if you set things up right to begin with, and nobody is messing (Not the word I wanted to use) with things when they shouldn't be, you probably won't HAVE those kinds of problems for many years anyhow.