Question mouse and keyboard set

Jul 6, 2018
Hello, i'm thinking of buying a mechanical keyboard as well as mouse. for keyboards i'm thinking of getting the Ducky Shine 7 or the Wooting 2 I would be moving from the corsair strafe (non-rgb) with cherry mx reds to blue switches and for mouse I was thinking of going from Steelseries rival 300 to maybe a Glorious Model o I just wanted to hear different opinions and maybe recommendations for the different keyboards and which people prefer more. thanks

bfcallan

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
Ducky is a great option and steel series also makes a solid mouse. I eventually switched from my Rival to a Zowie EC1-A (Benq). But, I am mostly playing games like counter-strike and other FPS's. Recently there has been a lot of buzz around the new "holy panda" switch. Also if you want more resistance than blues check out greens.

Otherwise those are sound choices in my book. You can also check out reddit.com/mechanicalkeyboards , they always have some cool ideas.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjamesbondperez
Jul 6, 2018
What sort of a budget are we working with here and what sort of games do you play(for the mouse)? You will also need to look into what style of keyboard you're looking at, personally I don't like full sized keyboard and prefer TKL versions as the mouse is closer to the keyboard and my typing position is better overall.
I prefer full sized as I sometimes do coding for my classes and for CAD as well. but for games I usually play single player games of all different kinds mostly FPS' but when I play with my friends we'll play online FPS'. As for budget I would say $160 max for keyboard while $60 max for mouse

Jul 6, 2018
Ducky is a great option and steel series also makes a solid mouse. I eventually switched from my Rival to a Zowie EC1-A (Benq). But, I am mostly playing games like counter-strike and other FPS's. Recently there has been a lot of buzz around the new "holy panda" switch. Also if you want more resistance than blues check out greens.

Otherwise those are sound choices in my book. You can also check out reddit.com/mechanicalkeyboards , they always have some cool ideas.
I just looked up what they sound like and oh my god. I think this is why I would like the wooting 2 because you can switch out the switches without desoldering them. do you know where you can buy the holy panda switches?

bfcallan

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
I just looked up what they sound like and oh my god. I think this is why I would like the wooting 2 because you can switch out the switches without desoldering them. do you know where you can buy the holy panda switches?
I actually just went to take a look and it looks like the sales are out for now. I think your best bet would be to buy from someone else or put a request in here to restart the process for a group buy. http://dro.ps/b/Si7ObOlgTNnO/l . My bad.

Reactions: jjamesbondperez