Mouse clicks not working at all after power outage

BravelySam

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016
I booted up my system a few hours after a power outage, it looked normal until it got past "starting windows", then the screen went black and it started booting again, this time taking me to "windows did not shut down properly" with the options to boot in safe mode and such. I started windows normally, and it booted, I got a little further, saw my desktop this time, then got a bluescreen telling me "a clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval". I turned it off, booted it again, and this time everything seemed normal, but I got a pop up that went something like "USB Device Not Recognized. One of the USB devices has malfunctioned", and my wireless mouse could be moved like normal but left click and right click would not work at all on anything (I didn't have anything to test the scroll wheel on and the keyboard appears fine). I tried turning the power supply off and back on (after shutting down) and it did not fix it. I turned the power supply off and back on WITHOUT shutting down so I could get the option to boot in Safe Mode and the problem still persists. The mouse was connected via USB 2.0 this whole time and the problem persists when I unplug it and put it in other ports, both 2.0 and 3.0. The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI and the CPU is an i7 6600k. Does anyone know what exactly happened here and what can be done to fix it?