[SOLVED] Mouse Flickers For a Bit then completely dies

Nov 23, 2020
Hello. I currently own a Logitech G Pro Hero Wired mouse. About 8 months ago I ordered a paracord from paraflexcables and i installed it and it worked 100% great until literally 30 min ago. So basically how I found out it was broken was when i was in a game of Rainbow Six Siege and I heard the noise of windows (connecting a new device sound). it was spamming like 100 times and i looked at my mouse and the RGB was flashing on and off and the mouse would die along with the RGB. The mouse WOULD WORK if i held it in a certain position. ( Like when you have a half broken apple phone charger and it only works if you have it at a certain angle). Then about 2 min later it just wouldn't work at all no matter what position and now I'm stuck with a mouse that is completely dead. I looked on other forms and i saw that it could be a cable issue so i took apart the mouse unplugged it from the mouse's motherboard/pcb and plugged it back in and nothing happened. So I ordered a NEW paracord and I'm going to see if it works. BUT is this a dead mouse or a dead cable?? , is there a way i can look at the motherboard for a short circuit?. I've heard if you see fried motherboard pcb it just looks like black charcoal/ burnt holes and I DIDNT see that on my mouse's motherboard. I TRIED USING ANOTHER PC AND HAD NO LUCK. SOLVED:::: AFTER FURTHER INSTPECTION I HAVE FOUND THAT THE GREEN WIRE WAS COMPLETELY BROKEN I HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT HAPPENED BUT ITS BROKEN AND WHEN I TOUCH THE TWO ENDS THE MOUSE WORKS.

Last edited:
Solution
Overall, your description makes me believe the problem is a failed/faulty computer USB port or failed/faulty USB mouse plug.

Try the mouse on another known working computer.

Try another known working mouse on your computer.

Determine if the problem follows the mouse or stays with your computer.

You may or may not see damage to a motherboard or PCB board in general.

Could be a failure with one of those many little components soldered in.

Black charcoal/burnt holes are usually accompanied by sparks, smoke, and bad smells. And the odor will linger in the case.

Ralston18

Titan
Overall, your description makes me believe the problem is a failed/faulty computer USB port or failed/faulty USB mouse plug.

Black charcoal/burnt holes are usually accompanied by sparks, smoke, and bad smells. And the odor will linger in the case.

Solution
Nov 23, 2020

I tried using another PC and had no luck. My new paracord with arrive in the next few days. I just hope its not a PCB/motherboard problem with the mouse cause if it is im going to have to buy a entire new mouse. But thankyou for your reply

Nov 23, 2020
Hello. I currently own a Logitech G Pro Hero Wired mouse. About 8 months ago I ordered a paracord from paraflexcables and i installed it and it worked 100% great until literally 30 min ago. So basically how I found out it was broken was when i was in a game of Rainbow Six Siege and I heard the noise of windows (connecting a new device sound). it was spamming like 100 times and i looked at my mouse and the RGB was flashing on and off and the mouse would die along with the RGB. The mouse WOULD WORK if i held it in a certain position. ( Like when you have a half broken apple phone charger and it only works if you have it at a certain angle). Then about 2 min later it just wouldn't work at all no matter what position and now I'm stuck with a mouse that is completely dead. I looked on other forms and i saw that it could be a cable issue so i took apart the mouse unplugged it from the mouse's motherboard/pcb and plugged it back in and nothing happened. So I ordered a NEW paracord and I'm going to see if it works. BUT is this a dead mouse or a dead cable?? , is there a way i can look at the motherboard for a short circuit?. I've heard if you see fried motherboard pcb it just looks like black charcoal/ burnt holes and I DIDNT see that on my mouse's motherboard. I TRIED USING ANOTHER PC AND HAD NO LUCK

hey i found the problem the green wire was cut in half somehow. and when i touch the two ends it works. so getting a new cable should work right?

Ralston18

Titan
The current paracord being a USB extension cable connecting mouse to motherboard USB port - correct?

As in:

Mouse ---- mouse cable ---- Male USB plug ------> Female USB paracord port ----- paracord cable -------Male USB plug ------> Computer female USB port.

Does the mouse work without the paracord cable? Either on your PC or another PC?

Can you see the other paracord wires as well? Are they all exposed in some manner with only the green wire cut/broken?

That all said: Yes, a new paracord USB cable with all wires intact should fix the problem.