Question Mouse Latency in all games after 2 hours (PLEASE HELP!!)

Nov 23, 2019
Ok so I've been dealing with this issue for 1 year now and have no idea what is causing it. I've tried so many different things but the problem persists. What happens is after the PC has been running for from what I've found, roughly 2 hours, a latency that only affects the mouse occurs in games and games alone and will remain until the PC is restarted. Ive tried almost everything hardware related that people have suggested I try and have resorted to building a new PC which did not ease the problem. I have no idea if I'm correct or not but from what I'm guessing, this issue has to do with something in windows 10 and not a hardware or electrical issue. I'm willing to try any suggestions at this point, in the Hope's that I can fix this issue. Thank you for your time.
SPECS: (MOTHERBOARD) ASUS PRIME Z390-A (GPU) ASUS Phoenix GTX 1660 (CPU) Intel I5 9400k (PSU) CORSAIR 850X (MEMORY) Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200MHz 16gb (STORAGE) Samsung 860 EVO 500Gb

Were you using them with accompanying software or just Windows default drivers?
Have you tried different GPU settings (e.g. disable triple buffering)?
Have you run any performance monitoring software to see how your system is performing/behaving behind the scenes, while gaming?

Nov 23, 2019
Were you using them with accompanying software of just Windows default drivers?
Have you tried different GPU settings (e.g. triple buffering)?
Have you run any performance monitoring software to see how your system is performing/behaving behind the scenes, while gaming?
I have tested how the mouse handles without firmware accompanying it and the latency still appears regardless. I have also had MSI afterburner showing my hardware performance in all my games and have noticed no abnormalities. I've tested triple buffering on both graphics cards and it didn't work. :)

Does the mouse behave this way if you game on a different system? (go to a friends, local computer shop, etc.) Actually, while you're there, buy a $10 mouse as well and see if the issue persists.

When you say, "have resorted to building a new PC," do you mean that you just took everything apart and put it back together or you actually bought all new parts and built an entirely new system?

Nov 23, 2019
Does the mouse behave this way if you game on a different system? (go to a friends, local computer shop, etc.) Actually, while you're there, buy a $10 mouse as well and see if the issue persists.

When you say, "have resorted to building a new PC," do you mean that you just took everything apart and put it back together or you actually bought all new parts and built an entirely new system?
What I meant by that was I bought all new components and a new case and built an entirely new computer. As for the mouse thing I have used multiple friends mice before and the issue is still there.

Nov 23, 2019
Not your PC, just the mouse.

What happens when you use your steel series 310, Razer deathadder, or steel series 300, on your friend's computer.
Have you tried with a cheap $10 mouse?
Well, before I bought a 310 sensei i owned a deathadder. The deathadder had the same latency issue so I though maybe buying a new mouse would ease the problem. I eventually gave the deathadder to my friend and he doesn't experience this latency problem which leads me to believe that this whole issue has to do with windows 10 or a setting within it.

Nov 23, 2019
Try buying a $10 wired (not wireless) mouse and testing with that.
Also, try switching the USB port you are plugging into. If in a USB 3 port go to a USB 2 (or vice versa).
I have tried all my ports on my old PC as well and my new PC. non of them seem to make a difference. I've also tried disabling some of the ports through device manager to no change. again I've also tried an old mouse once when I was at a friend's house on my PC and didnt see a difference.

Nov 23, 2019
Have others witnessed this 'lag' too? Do you experience the lag when gaming on your friend's computer?
Try removing your graphics drivers, let Windows install it's generic drivers, and game.
Other friends have used my PC whilst it's in this input lag state and have noticed it is significantly worse than when its freshly restarted. I haven't tried using windows default drivers before with my graphics card however, how would I go about uninstalling the Nvidia drivers and having windows install default ones?

Nov 23, 2019
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
Hey, I have solved the issue at hand. buying a license key solved the problem for me. basically what was happening is that when the input lag issue would happen, the activate windows watermark at the bottom of the screen would appear. it seems as If it is set to a 2 hour timer for whatever reason and when it pops up, it changes your game into a windowed borderless/fullscreen hybrid and launches every game like that untill restart.