moved location of documents now all users can access

extra_g

Honorable
Mar 29, 2015
I cloned my HHD (OS) to an SSD, then changed the location of my documents and other folders from my user folder to another drive but now other users can access them. Also when I install a program and it places a data folder in documents it creates a new documents folder in my c: drive (windows). I am wondering if I moved the location of the folders correctly.
How I moved location:
1. I went to the folders properties and location tab.
2. I then clicked on the move button.
3. Then I browsed and chose the folder to relocate it to and then clicked OK and let Windows move
data.

Have I done anything wrong or is there a way to resolve my issue?

EDIT: I have since deleted the documents folder from c: and reinstalled a program and the documents folder was not recreated so it seems the issue I am having is the permissions for users to my folders which locations I have moved.

Colif

Win 11 Master
That is the correct way to move the folder. The other users shouldn't have permissions on the new folder to read anything there, windows should ask for your password to access it.

That 2nd behaviour is wrong. If you have moved your documents folder, and install a program which needs a folder in your documents, it should use the location you set in the location tab of documents, not go make a new folder for itself in users.