Movie maker shuts down when attempting to edit

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me. I have now tried 7 times to edit a
captured piece of footage in Windows movie maker. It captures the footage -
no probs but the moment i attempt to apply any other feature, such as an
editing feature it just closes. I get no error message or anything, it just
shuts itself off. Help!!!

This is a codec conflict,
If you have mm2.1 with sp2 then use the facility to turn off certain codecs,
if not visit
www.papajohn.org problem solving acceleration and codecs, or
www.the-kellys.org and use the rename codecs app, read instructions ifrst.

--