bobmcskittles

Commendable
Dec 3, 2019
This happened a couple days ago. When I move my mouse, my CPU usage increases by about 20%. This makes me lag in multiple games. I went on Process Manager and saw explorer.exe increase to 10% when I move my mouse. I've done a clean boot, restarted my pc, unplugged mouse and plugged it back in, reinstalled mouse drivers, reinstalled mouse software, and none of that seem to work. I am planning to reinstall Windows 10 if I can't find any answers.

Specs:
ASRock n68c-gs4 fx
FX 8320e
GTX 1050 ti 4g
16gb DDR3
2 TB HDD
750w Power Supply (Corsair CX 750M)
Mouse:
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum (Polling Rate 1000, 900 dpi)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of Windows 10 are you currently on? If you're on a previous version as opposed to 1909, see if updating the OS gets you to the latest version. To add, see if you have any BIOS updates pending for your motherboard.

Em, yeah about that board and processor, you shouldn't even have that on the board you've listed.

Reactions: throwawayaccnt
Em, yeah about that board and processor, you shouldn't even have that on the board you've listed.

Yeah...well...like wow...only 2 Vcore phases, one lo-side and one hi-side FET...that's REALLY not enough for an 8 core FX.

Most likely what's happening is the VRM is overheating and issuing a safety throttle to the CPU; the CPU's clock drops to like 800 Mhz then.

OK...hopefully that's what is happening. Cause else wise, that VRM could catch fire. Or something similar.

bobmcskittles

Commendable
Dec 3, 2019
Which version of Windows 10 are you currently on? If you're on a previous version as opposed to 1909, see if updating the OS gets you to the latest version. To add, see if you have any BIOS updates pending for your motherboard.

I've updated my Windows 10 to 1909, but the problem still persists. Should I purchase a motherboard that is more capable for my processor?

bobmcskittles

Commendable
Dec 3, 2019
Yeah...well...like wow...only 2 Vcore phases, one lo-side and one hi-side FET...that's REALLY not enough for an 8 core FX.

Most likely what's happening is the VRM is overheating and issuing a safety throttle to the CPU; the CPU's clock drops to like 800 Mhz then.

OK...hopefully that's what is happening. Cause else wise, that VRM could catch fire. Or something similar.
That sounds pretty bad, I might be planning to purchase a motherboard more capable for my current processor, or a new motherboard and processor for AM4.