Question Moving onto SSD

Luke056

Commendable
Jul 29, 2017
So I currently have my Windows 10 on the HDD and I got an SSD so that I could put windows on it. I installed the windows media tool and ran it and installed on the SSD. But when it boots from the SSD it gives me a whole new desktop with nothing installed even tho i can go into file explorer and see that my HDD is full up but can't do anything. I tried installing steam and games and picked the HDD and it install onto the SSD instead. I'm confused :3

One should only have the target disk attached when installing windows, so disconnect the HDD and reinstall on the SSD.Then reinstall the programs. Reattach the HDD as a storage drive. It will have files/data you'll want to save then you can format the HDD or whatever. You may still be able to boot it if you want a dual boot arrangement.

However another option is to clone the HDD to the SSD. Before that though post a screen capture of disk management showing both drives including the graphics at the bottom pane. I'm thinking you may have to clean up the HDD before cloning it to the SSD.