I've bought a new laptop ACER PREDATOR HELIOS NEO 16, characteristics:
Windows 11 Home
Intel® Core™ i9-14900HX processor Tetracosa-core (24 Core™) 2.20 GHz
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 4070 with 8 GB dedicated memory
16" WQXGA (2560 x 1600) 16:10 IPS 240 Hz
16 GB, DDR5 SDRAM
1TB SSD (2 NVMe slots)

Let's call it laptop 2024.
Task 1. Remove NVMe from a 2016 laptop with Windows 11 Pro and add it to a 2024 laptop. Remove the system on the original NVMe.
Task 2. Remove the SSD from a 2011 laptop with Windows 10 Pro and replace the HDD in a 2016 laptop.
Replacements were carried out using sysprep without generalization, which I do not need. The results:

Task 2 was completed successfully, it was only necessary to change UEFI to Legacy in BIOS. All drivers have been installed and updated, everything works. MBR has been changed to GPT, UEFI has been returned.

Task 1 is a complete failure at the moment. NVMe from the laptop refuses to boot the system, in the process it results in BSOD with the error inaccessible boot device. I've tried to install it both solo and paired with the original NVMe, and in one and the other slot, and turn Secure Boot on and off. Nothing helps. Moreover, if you boot from the original NVMe, then both drives are displayed, all files are visible and can be opened.
Some people claim that you cannot change Windows Home to Windows Pro, although others have done this many times (but not me personally). I could in theory put Windows Pro on the original NVMe first if that really helps. I had already started to put the new system in order, but then I realized that the transfer would take me at least a week. It’s also demotivating that with laptops 2011-2016 everything worked out as it should. Of course, the system from the 2016 laptop has not been reinstalled since 2017, except that it was upgraded twice, first from Windows 7 to 10 and then immediately from Windows 10 to 11. But it is completely working and completely suits me.
I don’t want to make any unnecessary movements and want to shorten the whole process to a maximum of one evening.
I hope for your advice.

sysprep is for making images that can be distributed to many of the same model computer, not for moving things to different model computers. It doesn't add any drivers, including those which may be needed to boot.

It's not too surprising that anything from Sandy Bridge to pre-Skylake can boot using the same disk controller drivers--not only are they probably similar enough that the old driver can probably work well enough to mostly serve, they are also all old enough now that Windows 10 or 11 already include the correct drivers built-in. That's probably not the case with something brand new like Raptor Lake, and if the old driver isn't close enough then access to the disk would be impossible. And if you can't boot, then you can't go to WindowsUpdate to get the driver

Faust-RSI

Prominent
Aug 8, 2022
As I can still access the disk from the system on the other SSD, maybe it's possible to tweak the old system?
2016 laptop is i7-6700HQ, BTW, so Skylake, not pre-Skylake.