MS Works

I have recently had a crash on my Sony VAIO with Xp Pro. I got a recovery
disc from Sony but I can't find the Works that used to be on my computer.

In news:OW2a3rKtEHA.1720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Donald Gunter <ddgunter@earthlink.net> typed:

>I have recently had a crash on my Sony VAIO with Xp Pro. I got
> recovery disc from Sony but I can't find the Works that used to
> be on
> my computer.

The recovery disk normally recovers only the operating system. To
reinstall application software such as Works, there should be
another CD.

If you don't have such a CD, contact your vendor, who may have
more information on how to proceed.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Donald Gunter wrote:
> I have recently had a crash on my Sony VAIO with Xp Pro. I got a recovery
> disc from Sony but I can't find the Works that used to be on my computer.

Microsoft Works is not part of Windows XP but rather is a separate
package. Where Sony would place it for recovery purposes, I cannot say;
however, did you receive other disks from them?
Gene K