MSI 970 GAMING Leak

Hektar

Honorable
Oct 21, 2016
So i have this motherboard for 1 year and recently when I was cleaning the pc I saw a strange leak on the motherboard I did no tuch it or anything. It just looks like greasy stain or something its also visible from the back of the motherboard. After 2 months it did not expand. Should I be worried ?
PICTURE : http://imgur.com/WyH3JUn
PC SPEC
CPU : AMD FX 8320 Eight Core
CPU Coler : Hyper 103
GPU : GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti G1 Gaming 4G
RAM : HyperX 8gb ddr3
Motherboard : MSI GAMING 970
Case : Zalman Z3

To me, it is more like when the board was sent through the wave tin bath for soldering of the components to the motherboard a little bit too much of flux was used, the board on the upper side was not cleaned free of the residue.

When you get excess flux liquid on a motherboard used to help the solder flow from the components of the board to the solder points, it can be sticky and shiny.

It`s none conductive anyway if it is solder flux, and will not damage the operation of the motherboard in any way Hektar.

Even finger grease on matte finished boards looks exactly the same, it may happen when handling the motherboard to position it onto the mounting plate of the system case.

Hektar

Honorable
Oct 21, 2016

Thank you so much, can it be cleaned somehow ?

Hektar

Honorable
Oct 21, 2016
Thank you :) so i am not the only one who has this problem but i must ask is there any possible chance that this will damage my other components ? Do i have to buy a new motherboard ? Thanks for answer.

ricardoo.rocha69

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018
Hello there, i have the same motherboard. This issue is harmless but i recommend you cleaning those oils off with some Isopropyl alcohol with a soft tissue and if possible adding an extra fan blowing into the vrm mosfet.