Review MSI Aegis RS 11th Review: A Potent Rocket Lacke Pre-Built

Apr 19, 2021
I just received one of these and think I understand the mystery as to why the NVME card performed so poorly in your testing as you noted below.

The PCIe Gen 4 SSD in the Aegis didn't show off. It transferred 25GB of files at a rate of 635.3 MBps, just edging past the iBuypower and falling far short of the Omen (978 MBps) and Aurora (1,201.87 MBps).

I was surprised to see that the advertised gen 4 SSD card in my pre-built was actually an Adata XPG SX6000 Lite PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280.

For anyone else who orders one of these, check your device manager carefully to make sure you've received the components advertised.

Feb 2, 2022
I bought the Aegis RS 11TF-241US Gaming Desktop directly from MSI USA in December, 2021. Based on previous experience with MSI components, I was really looking forward to a solid rig. The package looks great on paper, but in reality it's been nothing but lock ups/crashes and BSODs. I've spent countless hours reviewing their forum, following leads, safe mode runs, memory tests, reverting to factory settings and starting again, etc. Now sadly it's RMA time.

TRENDING THREADS