TStehley

Reputable
Oct 25, 2015
I've been using MSI Afterburner since I can remember, without any hiccups or complications. This morning, I turned on my rig, and noticed immediately that MSI Afterburner had stopped monitoring nearly everything. Upon opening settings, and going to the monitoring tab, the only things MSI afterburner is picking up there is my RAM. Less than 12 hours ago, everything was running fine. I typically monitor my CPU usage and temp, along with my GPU usage and temp. I've made sure my GPU drivers are up to date, along with MSI afterburner, and Windows 10 all being up to date. As far as I am aware, nothing has changed. HWMonitor recognizes everything in my rig, and Core Temp also works fine. I would much prefer MSI afterburner though. I've restarted my computer, and reinstalled MSI afterburner as well. Anyone have any ideas as to what went wrong? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I went to MSI Afterburner's website, and downloaded the Beta version of the program, and it works just fine. I can settle with that, though i'd prefer to use a more stable version! If anyone has any idea as to why this happened, or a fix, enlighten me! :)

Edit 2: After playing some WoW, and turning off my computer, upon reboot even the Beta version lost monitoring of everything but my RAM. I have no idea why, or what is going on.

Last edited:
Solution
Today I found out the issue! It was actually Riot's new anticheat for their new game Valorant. The Anti-Cheat Riot-Vanguard was blocking the program from working. After promptly uninstalling the game, and a hasty reboot, i'm back in business!

TStehley

Reputable
Oct 25, 2015
Today I found out the issue! It was actually Riot's new anticheat for their new game Valorant. The Anti-Cheat Riot-Vanguard was blocking the program from working. After promptly uninstalling the game, and a hasty reboot, i'm back in business!

Reactions: MadsModsat
Solution