MSI B350M Gaming Pro + AMD Ryzen 3 2200g

Jun 25, 2018
I recently bought this combo along with a set of Patriot 8gb (4x2) 3000mhz ram. It came with a bios up to date enough to have video out of the box. Upon initial boot up, there is no audio. The volume icon in the bottom right corner has a red X. I click on it and it runs the troubleshooting dialog. Before I updated BIOS, it gave me 6 HD audio options. I try to run the repair but just comes back that the audio device isn't working. I have tried a multitude of drivers from both AMD and MSI. And also tried two different monitors. All with the same result.

I then proceeded to update the BIOS to the latest version. Still no audio and now when I run the troubleshooter, it doesn't show the Audio devices, it just says, the audio device isn't working.

I initially thought it was my Windows install, as it was pulled from another device. So I reinstalled windows. Still the same issue. All of the above was attempted running Windows 10.

I attempted to put this in the MSI forum but that forum is a complete mess. I could never log in to make a post. My only other option is to RMA but I wanted to reach out here to see if there was something that I may be overlooking with this combo. Like, Is audio through HDMI even possible with the 2200g?

Thanks.

Jun 25, 2018

So there is a high chance its Windows that is causing issues? Would it be easier to run Windows 7 instead of 10?

Jun 25, 2018

Thank you for this. Took 2 days of screwing with windows updates to finally get it fully up to date but once it did, audio working through HDMI. Feel pretty dumb now. LOL.