Question MSI B360M - PRO - VD second ram slot not working. CPU and DRAM lights flashing.

CrazyBoris19

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2016
I've been trying to figure out why my second ram slot stopped working all of the sudden.
So far I've done,
-swapping ram left and right
-updating bios to latest version
-changed graphics card (bought a brand new one)
-swapped the same CPU with the SAME NEW ONE (brand new)
-swapped the same MOBO with the SAME NEW ONE (brand new)
-swapped different RAM sticks with the ones that work
-only works with one ram stick on the left side and not the right / even when using the same ram stick that worked on the left side.
-blown compressed air into the DRAM slots
-changed PSU from 750W to 850W brand new
-plugged ram in and out multiple times
-checked all connections were tight and looked for any bent pins on the mobo, there were none.
-made sure my CPU fan wasn't tight on the CPU
-cleaned the RAM with an eraser
-checked bios if i was maybe able to enable the DRAM slot, cant find the option there.

i don't know what to do other think maybe i got another bad mobo with the same issue... (sad face)

SPECS

-RTX 4080super
-i7 9700KF
-PSU 850WATT
-MSI B360M - PRO - VD
- Vengeance LPX 2x16 / 32GB at 2666mhz <--- trying to run two sticks of 16gb for 32gb but only 1 works on one side only, even when using the same stick on the right and vice versa..
-Windows 11
-Two 500GB WD BLUE SSD's
-Crucial P3 4TB PCIe Gen3 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD
- Acer Nitro 23inch 180hz 1080p

any ideas at the moment just using 1 stick of Vengeance LPX 32GB at 3000mhz and it works okay but choppy when loading up file explorers and chrome just not running smoothly as it did before.

Lutfij

Titan
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

Vengeance LPX 2x16 / 32GB at 2666mhz <--- trying to run two sticks of 16gb for 32gb but only 1 works on one side only, even when using the same stick on the right and vice versa..
A link to the ram kits would help us two fold. Can you pass on images of the PCB revision for both sticks of ram? The rams should populating slots A2 and B2. Do

changed PSU from 750W to 850W brand new
You've stated the advertised wattage for the PSU's. What is the make and model of the PSU? How old is the 750W unit if the 850W unit is brand new?

CrazyBoris19

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2016
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

Vengeance LPX 2x16 / 32GB at 2666mhz <--- trying to run two sticks of 16gb for 32gb but only 1 works on one side only, even when using the same stick on the right and vice versa..
A link to the ram kits would help us two fold. Can you pass on images of the PCB revision for both sticks of ram? The rams should populating slots A2 and B2. Do

changed PSU from 750W to 850W brand new
You've stated the advertised wattage for the PSU's. What is the make and model of the PSU? How old is the 750W unit if the 850W unit is brand new?
7B53v1D