[SOLVED] MSI B450 Gaming plus max RGB mystic light support?

LukaNyan

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2015
This is kinda confusing, on the MSI site it says that only the B450 tomahawk , pro carbon, and few more B450 supports mystic light, and the Gaming plus max does not. But on the manual of the gaming plus max it says:

SOFTWARE:

Mystic Light

SPECIAL FEATURES:

LED Mystic Light Mystic Light Extension (RGB) Mystic light SYNC EZ DEBUG LED

2x 5050 RGB LED strip 12V connectors

I've also checked out the manual fo the tomahawk max and it's very similar to the manual of the gaming plus max. Doesn't mention anything about the 3pin(+5V-D-G) connector.

Anyone, does it know if mystic light is supported or have tried on their b450 gaming plus max? Thanks!

Solution
Non-addressable RGBs, the whole strip/array of RGB LEDs displays one color at any time. This color can transition, shift, breath/pulse, etc, across the entire RGB LED color spectrum - and Mystic Light provides a variety of snazzy themes/effects - but every RGB LED is always exactly the same colour as all its neighbours at any given instant, the whole strip is "all or nothing".

Addressable RGBs, each RGB LED (or segment/block of RGB LEDs) can display a different color and intensity than its neighbors. Some could be lit in one color or lit in another or more intense or less intense while others are simultaneously displaying something else. Everything that non-addressable RGB does but more fancy animation/striping/chasing effects are...

LukaNyan

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2015
Specifications:
Internal connectors:
2 x 5050 RGB LED strip 12V connectors

It doesn't mention anything about the 3pin(+5V-D-G) connector because it has none. Addressable +5v RGB lighting is found on the better more expensive motherboard models.
I see. So if I connect a 12v 4pin RGB on the motherboard to jrgb1 or 2 connectors, can I still change lights with the mystic sync software right?
Or it just gives me a static color with no option to change effect (breathing, rainbow, flash etc)

Non-addressable RGBs, the whole strip/array of RGB LEDs displays one color at any time. This color can transition, shift, breath/pulse, etc, across the entire RGB LED color spectrum - and Mystic Light provides a variety of snazzy themes/effects - but every RGB LED is always exactly the same colour as all its neighbours at any given instant, the whole strip is "all or nothing".

Addressable RGBs, each RGB LED (or segment/block of RGB LEDs) can display a different color and intensity than its neighbors. Some could be lit in one color or lit in another or more intense or less intense while others are simultaneously displaying something else. Everything that non-addressable RGB does but more fancy animation/striping/chasing effects are possible. Higher cost and complexity.

Solution