AMA MSI Comet Lake Z490 Motherboard AMA and Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

Have a question about Comet Lake or the new MSI Z490 motherboards? Now's your chance to speak with MSI directly!

Hey there Toms' Hardware members! We're proud to announce another exciting AMA with the fine folks from MSI. With Comet Lake Z490 motherboards finally out in the wild, MSI wanted to touch base with the Tom's Hardware community and answer any questions regarding any new features and the platforms overclocking performance. We have the following guests from MSI joining us:

Mark Tran – MSI Marketing Manager for Components, @MSIsouleet

David Yee – MSI Marketing Associate Manager for Components, @MSIDavY

Jorge Meza – MSI Technical Marketing Associate, @MSI_GeoX

Manny Chang – MSI CND Marketing, @yellowcardyc

Check out the full list of features on the MSI Z490 landing page.

This thread will be unlocked, open and live for 48 hours starting at 12:00 p.m. noon PDT on Wednesday May 13th. Questions will be moderated and supervised by Tom’s Community Manager Staff, as well as our full team of Senior Moderators.

MSI System Starter Giveaway
To help us celebrate the AMA, we have a massive starter build bundle up for grabs, courtesy of MSI. One grand prize winner will receive the following set of components:

MSI Z490 Gaming EDGE WIFI Motherboard
Gungnir 100 Case
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super Gaming X Graphics Card
MSI Optix MAG272CR Gaming Monitor

To enter all you have to do is comment on this thread with motherboard question for MSI. You can see complete instructions for how to enter on the giveaway widget, linked here.

The sweepstakes will run until May 29th. Please see the contest entry page for a full list of rules and ways to enter.

Ask Me Anything Rules

• No tech support questions, as these require in-depth personal follow-up and diagnostics.

• All Rules of Conduct apply.

• Keep questions direct and to the point.

• Avoid opinion bias, as in, "Why are all your products awesome/horrible?"

• Be respectful of our guests--no insults, no leading questions.

• Do not post duplicate questions or repost your question multiple times.

• Not all questions may be answered. Questions may not be answered in the order in which they are received or posted.

To reiterate: No opinion bias, insults, leading questions, or breaking the Rules of Conduct. Breaking these rules may result in a one-day ban.

Only registered users will be able to ask questions, so if you haven’t yet, be sure to register now for your chance to participate!

The official representatives will reply periodically over the time the AMA is active, using a recognized and verified account.

Please join us on this date to throw your questions into the mix and ask MSI what you've always wanted to ask!

What: Ask Me Anything with MSI

When: Wednesday, May 11th, 12pm PDT

Where: The Tom’s Hardware Forums!

Who: The MSI Motherboard Product Team

Attachments

• 1200x670.jpg
    1200x670.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 1,082
Last edited by a moderator:

MSIsouleet

Honorable
Official Forum Representative
Oct 30, 2013
How are you dealing with the extra power consumption from the new 10 core i9 processors?

Reusing existing VRM designs? Completely new designs?

All off our Z490 motherboards feature Core Boost technology. It's a reserved zone of premium power delivery components on an optimized circuit layout. We designed larger heatsinks to improve VRM heat dissipation.

May 13, 2020
Is there anyway you can customize the small display on the "Godlike" board. Uploading custom gifs or pictures would be incredible. Is there at least integration with mystic light?
I have a current msi board but its fairly old (z97-g45) so i'm unfamiliar with msi's version of lighting customization .etc

MSIsouleet

Honorable
Official Forum Representative
Oct 30, 2013
Is there anyway you can customize the small display on the "Godlike" board. Uploading custom gifs or pictures would be incredible. Is there at least integration with mystic light?
I have a current msi board but its fairly old (z97-g45) so i'm unfamiliar with msi's version of lighting customization .etc

Yes, you can upload your own by using free Dragon Center software. Also the new Dynamic Dashboard 2 is now in color. We also improved our mystic light from previous generations.

Reactions: liiqgts

Steve Oxendine

Honorable
Jun 18, 2014
What does the future of VRM cooling look like for upcoming boards. Is it leaning more toward fans or more elaborate fin technology? Im waiting on the new B550 motherboardsand MSI is where I'm putting my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.