Build Advice MSI CPU debug light issues

Dec 8, 2020
Any help/advice most welcome,

Built my own PC using a Ryzen 5 3600, MSI b550m mortar wifi board and a xfx triple dissipation 5700xt. The PC itself worked amazing for 3 days (no temp issues, restart issues or anything) then suddenly, no signal to monitor. The only thing that had changed was the MSI debug light on the motherboard (CPU) was lit when powering on and would stay on until i powered down. I couldn't get into BIOS or anything. After looking at the instructions for the motherboard, it states that the CPU was either not detected or dead. I then removed the CPU, checked for damage (found no bent pins) i tried booting up again and the same thing happened. I figured it was the CPU that was the issue and returned it. I had to get a Ryzen 5 3500x instead which worked. I also double checked what could cause a CPU to fail and the internet said mostly temperature damage and surges, so i bought extra fans and a surge protector just to be safe. This time it worked for a day before the same issue came up again. This time i removed each part individually and tried booting up. I tried booting up with each stick of RAM and had the same issues and i even tried clearing the CMOS by removing the battery. I also updated the BIOS just to be certain and I still had the same issues. At this point the only thing that can be wrong is the motherboard, but i want to double check with this community if there is anything else left to suggest before I get a new motherboard, or if anyone else has had the same issues.
Thanks!

Dec 21, 2020
Any help/advice most welcome,

Built my own PC using a Ryzen 5 3600, MSI b550m mortar wifi board and a xfx triple dissipation 5700xt. The PC itself worked amazing for 3 days (no temp issues, restart issues or anything) then suddenly, no signal to monitor. The only thing that had changed was the MSI debug light on the motherboard (CPU) was lit when powering on and would stay on until i powered down. I couldn't get into BIOS or anything. After looking at the instructions for the motherboard, it states that the CPU was either not detected or dead. I then removed the CPU, checked for damage (found no bent pins) i tried booting up again and the same thing happened. I figured it was the CPU that was the issue and returned it. I had to get a Ryzen 5 3500x instead which worked. I also double checked what could cause a CPU to fail and the internet said mostly temperature damage and surges, so i bought extra fans and a surge protector just to be safe. This time it worked for a day before the same issue came up again. This time i removed each part individually and tried booting up. I tried booting up with each stick of RAM and had the same issues and i even tried clearing the CMOS by removing the battery. I also updated the BIOS just to be certain and I still had the same issues. At this point the only thing that can be wrong is the motherboard, but i want to double check with this community if there is anything else left to suggest before I get a new motherboard, or if anyone else has had the same issues.
Thanks!
hi, i’ve had the same issues but with a new build so i’m working on replacing my cpu , and RMA’ing my motherboard if that doesn’t work. did u fix it in the end?